drops of freedom | Teen Ink

drops of freedom

By laurengerhard SILVER, South Windsor, Connecticut
laurengerhard SILVER, South Windsor, Connecticut

"I am gone quite mad with the knowledge of accepting the overwhelming number of things I can never know, places I can never go, and people I can never be." -Sylvia Plath

'Raindrop' makes me think of tears that fall from your eyes, shame being washed away, late nights with my best friend in the spring, the feeling on your skin that lets you know you’re breathing, freedom that lands anywhere it wants to.

I'm glad! Thank you :)

Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

Woah, good one! Sweet use of imagry. I was just thinking on how I need to work on that a bit myself, so I seriously appreciate this today.

Thank you!

Mollybug16 BRONZE, Cleveland, Tennessee

Impossible is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try.

I love how its simple yet very descriptive which is something thats hard to do. 5/5

I appreciate this so much, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Under-the-Rain GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

Are you ready to go to battle with your mind?- Written by me :)
Lost the battle, win the war//Bringing my sinking ship back to the shore- Paramore, Now

Such simple wording, but holds so much emotion.  The gracefulness and delightful wording of how this poem is put together makes me cry.   I like how you start of with the one word "Raindrop," then explain what it makes up think of. I love the last line, "Freedon that lands anywhere it wants to."  Keep writing poetry.  I like you're style.  

Thank you!

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

I really like the title! This is good, I see what's happening here and I really like the line "SHame being washed away."

I appreciate that so much... thank you!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

You're an Imagist I can tell. You paint amazing scenes with your poems. This is a scene I can picture and hear and feel. 

Thank you!

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

I loved how this poem is short and sweet, which really adds meaning. The comparison between raindrops and tears is really strong. I love the line "freedom that lands anywhere it wants to"

on Apr. 3 2013 at 11:21 am

Thank you; I will!

on Apr. 3 2013 at 10:03 am
StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

This is so sweet. :) I think the fact that it's short makes it even more potent. And I like the way you used raindrops as a sort of transition between the two different ideas you were trying to convey. Keep writing!