The insanity | Teen Ink

The insanity

January 24, 2013
By Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
Opticalillusion DIAMOND, Edenton, North Carolina
64 articles 13 photos 59 comments

Favorite Quote:
I am an artist bound only for the poet's glory....But only achieve half of the success that my dreams aspire to find, And to what do the whispers tell me of this failure...To what end to they haunt my nightmares...my eternal dark dreams...


I awake once more to a world of sorrow, I look around and all I see are others hoping for no tomorrow.
I go to school and try my hardest, yet others I see lacking the strength to go their farthest.
I find it somewhat funny but I find it rather sad, the hopes of the new generation are dyeing and the old are going mad.
I feel as though I go through the same routine almost every day, every day, day to day. I feel when I awake tomorrow I’ll do the same routine of the past.
I feel like I should run, I feel like should join the crowd and just be done.


I find it somewhat funny yet at the same time I find it rather sad, that the hopes of the new generation are dyeing and the old are going mad.


I see all around me the memories of the forgotten. I look around me and all I see are the days going rotten
I see all the hopes of the hopeless; I see the emotions of the emotionless. Children running in storm freezing and coatless. I see the children lay in the street they slowly are dying, they are lying motionless.
I see pain building in the young and old, I see the anger building making their souls strung up and cold.



I find it somewhat funny yet at the same time I find it rather sad, that the hopes of the new generation are dyeing and the old are going mad.



I know we all are going insanity, but the truth is we only have ourselves to blame.
I know we all are going insane, and the truth is we only have ourselves to blame.
The truth is we only have ourselves to blame.


The author's comments:
this poem isnt to much like my other because i decided to take a step back and look at the world from another view and found alot of problems, chaos, violoence, anger,sadness and more but i digress, once i got back, i got on a computer and wrote this.


plz comment and rate, mainly comment i love the criticism