Ten Years & Forever | Teen Ink

Ten Years & Forever

November 25, 2012
By RBrown201 BRONZE, Miami, Florida
RBrown201 BRONZE, Miami, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Some days I assume that you just talk the talk.

I wonder if you really love me.

I question my heart at the thought of us.

I ponder what it would be like to wake up next to you ten years from now, and still feel the same way I do now.

I realize that I don't want to have to do that with anyone else except for you.

Because, I cannot picture anything ten years from now that does not include you.

I feel as if you complete the last little pieces of my heart that were discombobulated,

Like a puzzle that just needed finishing.

Some days I assume that you just talk the talk.

I wonder if you really love me.

I question my heart at the thought of us.

But, you constantly remind me that you will be there when I wake up ten years from now, and that we will still feel the same way that we do now.

I won't have to do that with anyone else, because you will be included in everything I do.

My heart will forever be content, the last little pieces a perfect fit, completing it; just like a puzzle that we finally finished.


The author's comments:
My story of my boyfriend and myself inspired this piece. We have been best friends for what feels like forever & he just totally completes me. I would be lost without him.