My Life | Teen Ink

My Life

August 28, 2012
By Brianna_126 GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio
Brianna_126 GOLD, Cincinnati, Ohio
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” -Maya Angelou


They say everything happens for a reason..
They say my life is great and i should learn to appreciate..
They say i won't realize how much i love and need someone and something until it's gone..
They don't know how i really feel inside..
Nor all the pain and emotions i try my best to hide..
I wear a mask covering my face so no one can see my weary eyes..
No one ever stops to think that the one hurting is me..
It's been me the past few times..
Sruggling to carry on i try my best to stay strong..
The things bother me all day long..
Think about someone else besides your self please just this one time..
Show me you care even if it's hard to explain cause that's all i need to hear..
Think about my life before you make the choice to put your self first..
Please take a second look..
It will be the look you wish you had always took..
Then my life may not seem so great..
It may be full of hate..


The author's comments:
Being at a point where i felt no one noticed i was hurting inspired me to write this piece. I know i'm not the only one who has felt that way at some point. Sometimes people tend to only think about themselves and forget to notice other people and their feelings. I hope people read this and realize that just because someone smiles doesn't mean they're happy. And that it's sometimes important to stop and think about others before putting yourself first.