if if if | Teen Ink

if if if

By bookwormishgirl PLATINUM, Merion, Pennsylvania
bookwormishgirl PLATINUM, Merion, Pennsylvania

If I had my life to live over,
I'd laugh more readily and more loudly,
I'd smile more and fight less,
I'd clean my room more often
And not just when my mother told me to.

If I had my life to live over,
I’d give more presents and make more scavenger hunts and write more poems.

No one has her life to live over, but if I had a second chance, I’d dye my hair. Pink and blue and red and purple, just to see what it was like.

If I had my life to live over,
I’d spend more time with my family
And worry less about school.
I’d learn another language.
I’d be more content and more curious.
I would go on adventures.

If I had my life to live over,
I’d see more Broadway shows, even if it meant standing in the rain.
I’d go to more concerts, even if it meant waiting in line.
I’d see more movies and eat the popcorn by the handful.

If I had my life to live over,
I’d forget how to yell and I’d learn how to sing.
I’d take more chances and speak up for him.
I would hold her hand more often to show that I care,
If I had my life to live over.

on Feb. 23 2013 at 3:15 am
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

I'd dye it blue! Electric!

on Feb. 23 2013 at 3:14 am

- Maya Angelou

THis totally reminds us of what REALLY are the important thing,..LIVING...we forget how to live.. This poem is awesome...I love the way put the last stanza..and yep! I'd definitely dye my hair too!!

TickTockBANG SILVER, Botkins, Ohio

"I believe that what doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger." --Joker

My favorite line is "I'd forget how to yell and I'd learn how to sing." Lovely poem.