The Train | Teen Ink

The Train

By NightGoddess17 PLATINUM, New City, New York
NightGoddess17 PLATINUM, New City, New York

Won’t you, won’t you
Take my hand,
And let us board the train together.

You are, you are
Waiting on the platform,
And I wish to join you there.

We wait, we wait
For the train
From here to the unknown.

Let’s take, let’s take
Our first step together,
And ride on the train,
Hand in hand.

this can be about anything really. tell me what your interpretation of the hidden meaning is. originally, it was death, but it can be anything really... tell me your interpretation in the comment section!!

I agree with Mira it did seem as if it was someone who was in love and he or she wanted their love to go with them into the unknown and experience wonderful things together. It's about taking that leap of faith. Over all, it's a wonderfully written poem. The repetitive use of words used the the first line of each stanza reminded me so much of the sound of a train. Very intriguing! Awesome work, Sammy! :)

on Jan. 12 2012 at 7:45 am
RedFeather GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Prose is like walking but poetry is like dancing.
—Paul Valery, poet (1871 - 1945)

This was about death? Think dark thoughts much? The poem's lovely, but I can see how it would be about death. I like it alot.

Yeah, I didn't really have any idea what the deeper meaning would be. Its nice that that's how u though of it :)

Lovejuice GOLD said...
Lovejuice GOLD,
I had the same thoughts too... It didn't remind me of death at all.

Plain-Jane ELITE, Grandview, Missouri

"And the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their Shepherd. He will guide them to springs of living water; and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." Revelation 7:17

such a lovely poem! i like to think of this as a young boy and girl in love stepping into the unknown together...

IzzyVT SILVER said...
IzzyVT SILVER, N. Ferrisburg, Vermont

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

The repeated words in the first line of each stanza almost reminds me of the sound of a train...very cool.