What's Done | Teen Ink

What's Done

By poet.lover PLATINUM, Pineville, Pennsylvania
poet.lover PLATINUM, Pineville, Pennsylvania

"Never part without loving words to think of during your absence. It may be that you will not meet again in this life."

Make the jump
Take the turn
Watch the tragedies
Stand still
Don't know what to do
How to react
Grab for something
Ask for help,
Too late
Time took its toll
You waited too long
Watched,
Didn't feel
Saw their pain,
Watched suffering
Now it's your fault
You could have done something
Opened your mouth
But no,
Now your life is regret
Guilt and pain
You should have done it
This is your life now
Deal with it
Take it all in
Now...
Feel their pain

I wrote this piece after a devastating accident, both to me and my family and our friends. At the moment I just held everything inside, but soon afterwards I realized I could have done something. Maybe, then, the same tragic accident wouldn't have happened. I regret that moment when I had a choice and made the wrong one. I released some of my anger through this...

lil.awol ELITE said...
lil.awol ELITE, Independence, Missouri

"there's a darkness upon me that's flooded in light, and i'm frightened by those that don't see it" ~the avett brothers, head full of doubt

so i'm reading yours bc u read mine :) i like this one a lot. i have felt that overwhelming and consume guilt and regret too so i can relate to this, well done

zadiekatie23 PLATINUM, Rio Rancho, New Mexico

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

I like the accusatory yet guilty feel overall of your poem, how you're angry at yet also upset with yourself and what happened. Blame is a heavy weight to bear, and usually we take it upon ourselves as a way to shield others, yet you take it on after the harm has been done and you're disappointed with yourself. Very vivid piece. Thanks!

aubs126 PLATINUM, Charlton, Massachusetts

"We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. "

Tennyson

Tragidies are a very hard thing to deal with, and i could fell the pain in this peice. Very nice job. Dont stop using writing as an outlit, it will always help :)