untitled | Teen Ink

untitled

By clairexaudrey PLATINUM, Bethel, Connecticut
clairexaudrey PLATINUM, Bethel, Connecticut

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."
-Elizabeth Kubler Ross

Come with me and we'll get lost
Amidst the fog in our minds and darkened skies.

This isn't a haiku. It's supposed to just be free verse, but teenink wouldn't let me submit it otherwise.

-Elizabeth Kubler Ross

Thank you so much(:

I'm just not very fond of the haiku form, I don't like having to break up my thoughts to fit a certain form. I am a strong believer in the rule that there are no rules in poetry, any kind of restrictions seem like I'm gasping for air haha.

IamtheshyStargirl PLATINUM, Lothlorien, Utah

Boredom instigates extreme creativity.
~Amoniel

"Bowing gratefully to all of my subjects, 'thank you. Thank you. The pleasure is mine." Nah, I'm just kidding. We're all kings together.'"
~Thesilentraven

This wouldn't be half bad as a haiku, it would seem more complete in that form, at least.Don't get me wrond, though, it is beautiful :)

This is beautiful, it's abruptness is like a short breath of air, soft and sweet. (So beautiful, that I must repeat myself, it seems.)