Emily | Teen Ink

Emily

By Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York
Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

"Worries are like weights and weights keep you down, so let go of your worries and fly,"

I love the way the world revolves around you, though you’re always moving.
I love it how you think you’re winning, even when you’re losing.
I love it how your smile can make even the sun brighten a bit.
I love it how you face the world, and how beautifully you see it.
I love it how even in darkness, you help me find my way.
I love it how you are a dot of color, in a sea of gray.
I love you, my sister, my only best friend; I’ll be there for you until the very end.

This is about my sister who has autism. I wrote a poem about her when I was really angry with her, to remind myself how much I love her.

Allicat001 SILVER, Waukesha, Wisconsin

"Love is not someone you can live with, love is someone you can't live without."

"Always stand up for what's right even if that means you're standing alone."

The flow of this particular poem doesn't matter, it's the message that you get across that counts.  This poem was really sweet and reminded me of my sister, I really liked this poem:)

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

Thanks for the comment and feedback!

on Apr. 24 2012 at 10:16 am
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Very sweet---to have a sister is one of the greatest things in the world. This poem melted my heart:)

Despite the lack of flow and rhythmic patterns I really like your poem! Not all poems have to be rhythmical or perfectly flow-y as long as if touches the readers soul like it did for me; it is an awesome poem! Great work, Tink1350!   

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

what do you mean about the fist line? and also For all you flow-commenters, is supposed to be choppy and stuff. ive gotten alotta comments bout that.

IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

You can look back at my last comment... I said, "Each line doesn't have to be sentences."

Lines can be long and short but about the flow, try reading real poems. Maybe then, you'll understand. :)

NinjaGirl BRONZE, Valley City, North Dakota

The only thing holding us back in life is our desire to stay where we are and not venture further.
~Some random person on the Internet :P

The flow could be better, and the beginings of the lines are pretty repetitive, but I like it anyway :P

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

thankyou. you did help. and sorry im askin so many questions but what do u mean by  making it choppier?

IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

Each line doesnt have to be like, sentences...

Like, in the first line,
I love the way
The world revolves around you
though you're always moving...

I mean, you can make it a little choppier... :)

-Hope I helped... :)

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

thank you.

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

what do u mean by make it flow?

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

thanks for reading.

Megan.J.B said...
Megan.J.B, Sault Ste Marie, Other

"Here's the real truth. There are eight million people in this city. And those teeming masses exist for the sole purpose of lifting the few exceptional people onto their shoulders. You, me? We're exceptional."
- Green Goblin. :)

Well done! I liked it alot, I agree with flow problems and rhyming patterns, but it was good none the less :)

IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

You can still improve this poem.. like make it flow...

Anyway, I like it all the more. The descriptions... the metaphors... I just like them. You are a wonderful brother/sister... =)

musicispassion PLATINUM, Perris, California

" Life is never easy for those who dream."
There are so many other quotes i need pages to write them

this is amazing i love it my neighbor has autism five stars

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

Thanks Zinaidia. :)))))

Zinaidia SILVER, Moreno Valley, California

\\\"Whatever you are, be a good one.\\\"

Wow, you are very talented. I love how you contrasted a bunch of different subjects. Very well written and it has alot of emotion. Good job!

awayra BRONZE said...
awayra BRONZE, Bucharest, Alabama
1 article 1 photo 24 comments

"i am a woman who enjoys herself very much: sometimes i win, sometimes i loose."

it reminds of rudyard kipling, yet you have your own original style and this poem's meaning is absolutely gorgeous! i suppose this is the ultimate proof of how much you love her, and what a beautiful proof is!

that is so sweet! <3