Emily | Teen Ink

Emily

By Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York
Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

"Worries are like weights and weights keep you down, so let go of your worries and fly,"

I love the way the world revolves around you, though you’re always moving.
I love it how you think you’re winning, even when you’re losing.
I love it how your smile can make even the sun brighten a bit.
I love it how you face the world, and how beautifully you see it.
I love it how even in darkness, you help me find my way.
I love it how you are a dot of color, in a sea of gray.
I love you, my sister, my only best friend; I’ll be there for you until the very end.

This is about my sister who has autism. I wrote a poem about her when I was really angry with her, to remind myself how much I love her.

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

Thank you very much.  And trust me it is hard not to be frusterated with her! haha. But i do love her very much. <333333333

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

Thanks. :) And i do love her alot. :))))))

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Beautiful. I love the repitition you used, and it's so great to write a poem about your sister. I can really feel how much you love her. This is really good. :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Aw, this is a sweet poem.  Sometimes it's hard not to be frustrated with your siblings.  Despite this, you always love them. :)