Cursed Soul | Teen Ink

Cursed Soul

By Marina_V.S. BRONZE, Weybridge, Random Island, Other
Marina_V.S. BRONZE, Weybridge, Random Island, Other

Ah, I'm one of those weird people who goes through their note books just to read the quotes, so finding a fav is hard for me... 'There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it' - Mary Little ;)

No life in day
But for the solitude
Of Night

Life passes by
While souls shatter
And spirits break

Maybe, looking down
Fear and pain are not
In knife, nor gun

But the eternal pain
Of a lost soul
And a broken heart

I wrote this a while back, after attending a drama festival. One school performed a play about a teenage girl who had passed on, and in order to be received into heaven, she first had to 'earn her wings' by doing good deeds.
The catch was that she wasn't allowed to have any memories of her old life, or how she had died, and if her memories were awakened by talking to the people she used to know, she would forever become a lost soul.
But in order to help her old boyfriend get over her death (which he'd caused by drunk driving) she let herself remember everything, and got him together with the much-bullied girl she'd been assigned to help.
So in the end, although she'd accomplished her mission, she'd turned into a type of ghost, and was cursed to watch her loved ones move on with out her.