Recollections Withdrawn From a Tear Stained Memory. | Teen Ink

Recollections Withdrawn From a Tear Stained Memory.

By rubyrainstorm SILVER, Closter, New Jersey
rubyrainstorm SILVER, Closter, New Jersey

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
-Buddha.

I thought you were my friend
So I gave you the sun.
You took the flames
And burned my soul.

I thought you were my friend
So I gave you the ocean.
You took the salt
And sprinkled it in my wounds.

I thought you were my friend
So I gave you the wind.
You took the frigid gales
And extinguished my spirit.

I thought you were my friend
So I gave you my broken heart.
You took the two halves
And broke it once more.

I just had a huge fight with my friends, and I wanted to express how I felt.

-Buddha.

THANKS! (for the advice, AND the comment)n :}

-Buddha.

I just wanted to say if anyone has anything they want me to check out, please let me know. :) I really appreciate all of your feedback, and would like to give you some if you want it.

on Jun. 10 2011 at 6:20 am
HorseLover SILVER, Dallas, Texas

"A boat is safe in the harbor. But this is not the purpose of a boat."~Paulo Coelho, author of The Alchemist

Oh. Well, that's good. Just make sure that you know when it could hurt a relationship to put something online. Great poem!

-Buddha.

Thanks for your advice, but my friendand I actually made up after she read this poem. She had no idea how I felt. We are now great friends! But thank you anyways!

on Jun. 9 2011 at 6:59 am
HorseLover SILVER, Dallas, Texas

I really like this poem, but I do have a word of caution. If you want to potentially rekindle this friendship, you might not want to post the fact that this poem is about your fight with your friends when the poem makes it seem like they were at fault (I don't really know who was at fault, because I don't know what happened, but just saying).

-Buddha.

Wowww...you basically just described almost perfectly what happened to me! :) It's nice to know that I'm not the only one thats the victim of backstabbing friends.

-Buddha.

Thank you for all the encouragement! ;)

collegegirladventures GOLD, Mequon, Wisconsin

A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep.

~Salman Rushdie

wow!!!! about a month ago, i had become friends with someone. We used to come to my house and babysit my sister over(starting last summer). Then something big came up that has effected our friendship. 

....We had the best of times, the worst of times. We got along...we were like friends for life. I felt like I could tell her almost anything and express how i felt about things. Same vice versa.....then when after this situation came up, I heard stories of how she has said negative things about me behind my back. Again, this came from words of mouth , but the main  fact is that we haven't been in communication for a while now, and i feel that our friendship is breaking apart. Almost instantly when i read that first line, i knew that this was my story. It;s nice to know that I'm not the only teen in the world who has experienced this. Great poem.

Stpaulian BRONZE, Kewadin, Michigan

Bad Spellers of the world 'untie'.

That was really well written. When I'm angry or hurt I can never find the right words to what I'm feeling, so this is defiently something I appreciate.

Untouchable-Summer SILVER, Cranford, New Jersey

Even the best fall down sometimes

Wow. All I can say is wow. So creative! I would really appreciate it if you checked out my pieces called Smile, If Only, and Untitled. Again, great work!

-Buddha.

Thanks so much bbeast! 8)

bbeast BRONZE said...
bbeast BRONZE, Anaconda, Montana

“I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Poetry is definitely the best release that I have found. I know when I slack off of my writing, and I get really upset, I say things that I really regret.

But this piece was totally awesome. One that I know I, and many others can relate to. Thanks for sharing.

-Buddha.

Whoever reads this, please please please comment on it! I need all the feedback I can get. Thank you so much! 8)

~Caitlin

-Buddha.

Thanks...my friends all backstabbed me at school the day I wrote this. I was pretty proud of myself when I was able to channel my emotions, and pour all my anger and sorrow into writing instead of yelling at my friends over the phone and making the situation worse. Once again, thanks for all your support and I really appreciate this. 8)

PJD17 SILVER said...
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

Wow,  that was so good  depth is the most important element of peotry to me  and this certainly had it   great work