The man on the bike | Teen Ink

The man on the bike

By Collado92 PLATINUM, Ft.pierce, Florida
Collado92 PLATINUM, Ft.pierce, Florida

The man on the bike, he was in my life for less then five minutes and he now stays with me day to day.
The image and flash back I get from over a year ago seems to never fade.
I was working late, changing trash and it just so happened tap tap tap.
I’m hungry young lady, he stated from behind the glass in which he begged for food, scraps.
Anything pleading like a dog, he was at low.
I could see the hunger but there was more to this man then just a rumbling tummy.
Tattered old clothes, skinny and scratchy him I could feel and see he was not where he wanted to be, although he smiled, he smiled.
Life took a toll on him, cause effect what happened?
What caused this effect?
Something occurred to get him to this point, to the point that all he had was the clothes on his back and that blue bike with a flat.
Maybe he was a guy that lost his dream or direction, truth is I’ll never know and I will always wonder what happened.
Some things are better left untold, yet spoken words are the answer to questions unasked.
Life comes at you fast, so I’m told.
Maybe his life came a little to to fast, to fast to where he got behind and got left in the cold, maybe even forgotten.
God bless him.
His quantity of thank you’s and his God bless you’s made my night, made my whole day.
There’s a reason for everything, there’s a reason he came.
Wow you fed a needy man, your deed for the day, are you proud are you happy?
Answer: No I am not, yes I helped, showed I cared, showed that I have a heart.
All it did was show me, give me literal insight to what is really out there, this world.
I never want to or will be like that, I promise it, I bet he said the same thing.
It’s scary in a sense to where you may end up being one day.
That man on the bike who knows to where he is but God and God bless him, he’s in my prayer that him and that blue bike of his is headed in the right direction. Amen.

thewriteidea DIAMOND, Pleasanton, California

"Don't cry that it's over, smile because it has happened."

i like the way you have this constructed; it's almost story-like. the way you started really grabbed me, when you talked about the man on the bike. i was hooked from the first word all the way to the last!

you can rate/comment on some of my work, too if you'd like. great job on this! keep writing!(: