Slashing Through Life's Book | Teen Ink

Slashing Through Life's Book

By RawyaAviva SILVER, Tuolumne, California
RawyaAviva SILVER, Tuolumne, California

"I wake up every morning determined to change the world and have one heck of a good time . Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult."-E. B. White

Life’s a blank book.
Pen in hand, making my way through the pages.
Blotted and ink stained hands, I write the story.
Makes no sense, incomplete and jumbled
No proper beginning, so much for fairy tales
My ogres live inside me
As they crawl and growl, I fight them back with my sword
Bloody and independent , I don’t need a knight.
I am no damsel in distress.
Take up the sword and fight alongside me.

RawyaAviva SILVER, Tuolumne, California

Thanks! I will totally look up your work. And feel free to jot down my work as long as you keep you keep it under my name. I am really glad my poem resonated with u. If you want i would love if you continue to explore more of my work.Thank you for the feedback. 

SmileKid:) SILVER, Citrus Heights, California

Everything will be ok in the end, if it is not ok, it is not the end

...o and if i can put some of ur poems into this book i have at home it would be cool because i like to write down quotes and poems that i like along with my own work ...and i would put it under ur name not my own so just tell me if i can or can not and i would gladly appriciate it:)

smilekid:) said...
you are very talented i enjoyed reading your work because it makes u think and feel wat u were feeling maybe u can give me some feed back on mine nd we can go back and forth with ideas on poems=D im SmileKid:)