Heroes | Teen Ink

Heroes

February 26, 2010
By Blooper195 PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas
Blooper195 PLATINUM, McKinney, Texas
45 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
This life ain't that bad.


That one soldier, the one that went back into the war-zone to save that one child. That soldier who had a wife and 2 year-old son. The one who saved a 7 year-old boy’s life before he even considered his own.
That one fire-fighter, the one that went back into the burning home to save an elderly woman. That fire-fighter who had never risked his life before. The one who saved an 86 year-old woman, but died in a following explosion.
That one stranger, the one who saw the tornado tearing down the country-side early on. The stranger who warned the neighborhood of the tornado before he could prepare for it himself. That one Stranger who was never found nor seen any time after the tornado had passed.
Where is the equality? Nowhere. Where is the line drawn between saving your own life before someone else’s? There isn’t one, not for the heroes of today’s society. Show respect. Show appreciation. One day those same heroes may be saving you.


The author's comments:
people may make fun of the pladge of allegiance because we say it everyday, but do they ever stop to think what the pledge of allegiance may mean. the heroes of todays society are more important than ever.