Boy meets Girl | Teen Ink

Boy meets Girl

By ZombieDanceWithMe SILVER, Rockford, Illinois
ZombieDanceWithMe SILVER, Rockford, Illinois

“To die is nothing; but it is terrible not to live”

-Victor Hugo

boy+girl
girl+boy
boy uses girl as sex toy

girl hates life
tries to run away
boy wins girl anyway

girl falls down
wont get up
what a case of bad luck

girl grows big
boy is dumb
their child sucking on his thumb

life goes on
we grow old
she becomes the Centerfold

her world is done
nothing more
right there on the kitchen floor

now this poem is very much simbolic. it is true, but simbolic. if you look at it straightforward you will hear the story of a girl who stays with a boy, becomes pregnant, depressed and kills herself.

"girl falls down, wont get up" means that this girl has broken down and dosent know how to fix it

"girl grows big; guy grows dumb" yes this means pregnancy, but in life it hasnt happened...yet

"she becomes the centerfold" not litteraly is she a centerfold in anything, this symbolises the porn and nude pics im sure they made

"her world is done...right there on the kitchen floor" it dose not litteraly mean that she killed herself, it means that her social life, her relationships with almost everybody she knows has just been obliterated, the thing occuring is just something you will have to guess on becase our relationship has just been destroyed.

.love. BRONZE said...
.love. BRONZE, Rockford, Illinois

I love this so much. It sort of makes me sad, but it kind of makes me feel...idk. I really like it. <3

Comment on mine, dear?

on Apr. 5 2011 at 11:02 am
singingdetective SILVER, Sugar Land, Texas

"Out of a world of laughter,
suddenly I am sad.
Day and night, it haunts me,
the kiss I never had"
--Midsummer by Syndey King Russell

"Chances lost are hope's torn up pages"-- "Chances" by Five for Fighting

I like the theme behind it. Some of the symbolism I didn't understand right away, but I tend to appreciate that in poems (ones that make you go back and re-read it to understand) Another good one! :)

on Jun. 2 2010 at 11:55 am
Karma_Chameleon SILVER, English, Indiana

To be able to say "I love you" one must first be able to say "I" - Ayn Rand

This is a very good poem. It contained a smooth flow consistently throughout, and I particularly enjoyed the double meanings and symbolism you incorporated into the verses. My only critique is that I personally prefer longer of a longer length, but that is strictly my opinion, and if elongating the piece threatens the flow and rhythm, leave it as it is. Very well worded and creative. Good job!