Thoughts... | Teen Ink

Thoughts...

He sat down nonchalantly, eating his week-old baguette.  It was hard as a construction helmet and rough as a nail filer. But he didn't care at all. He gnawed on his baguette and just thought about life. He looked out the window looking at the cars parked in front of his house and birds trying to fly through the harsh rain. He looked at the white Tesla thinking about everything great that had happened to him. He’s grateful for how everything is. He’s grateful for how the sky is blue, and how the sun rises every day. He’s grateful for his healthy family and he’s grateful for his existence. 

His baguette was almost done. He looked down at the crumbs on his shirt and caught his dog scratching the window trying to signal something. After keeping his baguette back in its bag, he took the dog to the backyard where worms started to rise from the soil. Seeing his dog eat the worms made him think, are worms grateful for living? Can they even think? Staring at the dark sky, he thought about all of his regrets and embarrassing moments. But he didn’t care at all. Memories of him being fat always haunted him. Many people always used to fat shame him for no reason. But he didn’t care at all. His friends and bullies were a large reason for how he improved himself. Without the criticism he got he would still be an obese unathletic kid. All the criticism he got, gave him the motivation to improve. Sometimes people still insulted him. But he didn’t care at all. He brushed it off and kept living. One thing he cares about is treating everyone with respect. He always treated people the same way he wanted to be treated. He got back into his home and started nibbling on that old baguette and went back to daydreaming.  

In this set piece, I show a calm tone to describe my thoughts. I talk about what I'm grateful for,  then I talk about what I'm annoyed about.  I have lots of adjectives to make my set piece more detailed. I describe my environment to make my setting clear. I added a type of repetition to make my story more meaningful.