My dignity | Teen Ink

My dignity

September 25, 2023
By 5harris PLATINUM, Sussex, Wisconsin
5harris PLATINUM, Sussex, Wisconsin
33 articles 19 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You Are Your Home"
-Erin Hansen


“I love you sunshine” I scream out to the pouring rain, and thunder. Although neverland hasn’t stopping raining since Gavin James Mandel kissed me.”te amo” he whispers 4 million times in my ear, it echos over and over and I grasp for my own soul and dignity to come back, but “f*ck you,” I say, for you stole my pureness, and cleanliness. It was hard for me to understand when Taylor swift said “you drew stars around my scars” until now, he really did paint stars around my head as he pulled me in, at the diner, we were eating pancakes with syrup and fruit jam, but the methylphenidate he slipped in made be feel like I was on gas, I saw faint underwater creatures, like sea urchins, and tiger sharks, but not just that maybe even Rosa Parks, as I sipped on the Brandy Old Fashioned, sweet,slowly until I saw the mustard yellow starts flowing over my head , or was it my own blood flowing down my legs like the red sea, Colleen Hoover whispered “The boogeyman is here, RUN.” I ran so fast in my crocs until my legs gave out and I ended up reaching the ascension mental hospital. A beautiful angel treated me kindly and they waltzed me to my room.


The author's comments:

This is inspired by "Black Nikes" by: Harryette Mullen and tells a story in a funky way about a sexual assault situation.