I remember | Teen Ink

I remember

By andyandy1628 GOLD, Dalian, Other
andyandy1628 GOLD, Dalian, Other

I remember my first day at the kindergarten. I desperately waiting for the end of the day to return home–

I remember doing my first assignments and the sense of accomplishment when I finished my basic calculation homework–

I remember I tried to find where my house is while looking at the world map. All the lines and curves confused four-year-old me–

I remember my grandmother passed away before I had a chance to meet her. Her appearance is becoming vague and fuzzy in my memory–

I remember announcing proudly to my parents when I received an “A” at school–

I remember witnessing my schoolmate committing suicide as she jumped from the fourth floor. The wailing of the police sirens and all the screaming made me feel so unreal–

I remember my grandfather passed away serenely on his bed. I stared at his body with unseeing eyes and believed firmly that he would wake up the next day as normal–

I remember receiving high school's admitting letter in the morning, ecstatically happy with the result–

I remember my internal emotions on the plane to America, excited to start a new journey while nervous of new adjustments–

I remember all support I received from my friends and I remember all helps I offered to them–

I remember working till five in the morning to get my projects done. The night was tranquil and chirping of some insects accompanied me all night–

I remember happiness, I remember pain–

I remember heaven, I remember hell

I remember flowers in blossom, I remember the withering–

I remember them all, either good or bad–

All like gold mines, burying under my memory sand

A poem of my past memories