Ø | Teen Ink

Ø

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

Scrolling scrolling

a single thing

catches my eye

a poem

like many others

a drop in the ocean

of thousands and thousands

of teenink

the comments I spot

0

like so many more

but this one

a thought

its so lonely

with no comments

no spun thoughts to call its own

a single poem

among many

a heart and soul

among many

forgotten

it looks lonely

they're all lonely

but this one 

unlike most

was seen 

I was browsing ti and saw a new poem by lydiaq, it had 0 comments (i promised to comment on all her things), and I thought 'thats lonely' and then I thought 'thats a poem' and so this was born. obviously I read and commented on the poem.

oh, I guess this is also a reminder to comment. every comment is seriously fuel driving me on. b4 lydiaq (who comments so much) i was on the brink of stopping a series I was working on, interwoven wolves, because I felt like nobody read it (i did stop halfway thru but for my own reasons)

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

yep that was me. n9ow there asre a bunch of commenters

Crazywolfiegirl2 PLATINUM, Kington, Other

When people first meet me, they think I'm really shy, but by the time they get to know me they wonder how the illusion of shyness ever came around!

This was a cool poem, I totally relate. Although I keep putting new stuff on, whether ppl comment or not 😅 i think that's just me tho. Also, I try to comment on other people's as much as I can. I know what it is like to have 0 comments or hardly any.

WolfGurl PLATINUM, Not A Real Place, Indiana

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. –Anatole France.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. –Josh Billings

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.- George Carlin

A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people. —Franklin D. Roosevelt

Never lose. Either win, or learn. - Me

Yeah, im having the same prob. Nobody sees my work exept SparrowSun (Which I apreciate, thx!)

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

yep, i relate. there is some conversation and active stuff to reply to, but its really infuriating that the primary stuff everyone sees is from 2009. like the writers care.
but before you, I was frustrated nobody commented but it hadn't occurred to me to start commenting on other peoples stuff. you inspired me to do that, and i think you could have started a chain reaction. i also just had an idea to help I'm going to contact ti with. on youtube, there's the home thig that has feed for you specifically. if ti had that it could help get stuff seen more and by those who are intrested.

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

Love, because you can’t love your way out of the lunatic asylum, but it makes it more fun to be a lunatic.
--Me

Btw, why does it seem that almost nobody comments on anything on this website that is new? I try to help out, make a difference, but it seems so little. I feel sad about all the new, sensitive TeenInk users who get one thing published, then nobody says anything about it for many years, and they are discouraged so they never write again. Gosh, why do people still comment on things from over one decade ago? Those writers are like thirty years old now, their accounts expired! Personally, I would never comment or like anything written before 2017 or 2018. I hope lots of people see this post and we bring to light this troubling issue. :)

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

--Me

Aw, this is a real tearjerker, thank you so much! :)