Peonies At Dusk | Teen Ink

Peonies At Dusk MAG

By Ela2611 PLATINUM, Vancouver, Columbia
Ela2611 PLATINUM, Vancouver, Columbia

Give the ones you love , the wings to fly roots to come by and reasons to stay …….

Oh! Peonies at dusk
Tracing one full elephant tusk
Embracing something warm
One raindrop fallen on your petal
I sip some masala chai
Watching raindrops go by
A nightingale soaring high up in the sky
Like a soothing lullaby
As strong as a Samurai
I snapped back into my thoughts
Realizing it was a mere day dream

Hello I am Ela. I wrote this poem for my mother on her Birthday. 

ElaM ELITE said...
ElaM ELITE, Surrey, Columbia

“I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party; and I attended with my real face.” ~Franz Kafka

What a beautiful poem , @Ela2611 !

Itsmaanya_25 PLATINUM, Indore, Other

It's Okay to have butterflies in your stomach, as long as you make them fly in formation

Wow! It's beautiful.

Crazywolfiegirl2 PLATINUM, Kington, Other

There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature—the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter. —Rachel Carson

Oh that's cool. Thanks! 🙃 Also, well done for the mag, this was really good!

Ela2611 PLATINUM, Vancouver, Columbia

After I submitted this poetry , it got an Editor 's choice badge . After four months of publishing the poem , I got an email saying that this poem has been published in the august issue of teen ink magazine . I was also like you Crazywolfiegirl2 ! I sat in front of the computer screen wondering whether I'd ever get a magazine badge .

Thanks! I really like your style too, and I can see why this is in mag. When you say it took four months, do you mean that it took four months to get approved and then it has mag on it (like editors choice) or it took four months AFTER it was approved? I'm sorry, I know I must be annoying but I am generally curious. I recently got an email from teenink saying my article had been approved but I had never had one of those emails before, despite having lots of other articles previously approved, so I am wondering if it might mean something. Anyway, I love your work and if you could answer my question that would be great, thanks. ❤️❤️❤️

Ela2611 PLATINUM, Vancouver, Columbia

By the way , how do you put a picture to your profile ?

Ela2611 PLATINUM, Vancouver, Columbia

Any poem that is written from your heart Crazywolfiegirl2 , can be on the magazine . This is what I believe . It took me more than 4 months for this poem to get on the magazine . So I’m sure one of yours will be on the magazine soon ! I really like your style of how you write your poems and fiction stories . !

Also, how do you manage to get something in a magazine? I would really love it if something of mine got in a magazine. I am well aware that most of my pieces and really bad, but those were pretty much just practices at what I could write on teenink, and I actually do have some good ones (most of them not being approved). So I was wondering what it takes to get in a magazine.....?

I love this poem! Thanks for sharing