The Game of Love | Teen Ink

The Game of Love

August 31, 2018
By Theoneandonlywriter SILVER, Spring, Texas
Theoneandonlywriter SILVER, Spring, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"They say the captain goes down with the ship. So, when the world ends, will God go down with it?"


When you trust your heart within that special person

You give them your whole life.

Your future, your life force, and everything you own.

Your world collapses around you when they take the very thing that you trusted them with, and they rip it apart.

The heart you trusted them with is no longer filled with love, but, that of hate.

Everything you thought you knew about love is wrong.

You can only think to yourself, “Why can’t I be the person who gave them everything to result them into being happy?”

Blaming yourself for everything.

Tears swell in your eyes, a huge pain emerges in your chest that goes away with time.

Love is a dangerous game, play the cards right, your results will end in happiness and love.

Play the wrong, the results will be depression or suicidal urges.

The memories that you two had is now just a faded thought, a waste of time.

Something you might regret or praise.

As time flows by. The heart you trusted them with is now healed, ready to love again.

And, the game of love is ready to be played once more….


The author's comments:

A few months ago, my heart was torn by a girl who I trusted my future in. I felt nothing but pain as I saw her move on to another guy. I wanted to be the guy who she loved. But, I found my passion in writing my pain onto paper. My poetry always will have a direct or indirect connection to my life.