Ballads by teens on a variety of topics | Teen Ink

Ballad

Most recently submitted Ballads

Poetry
By Ostrichman1194 BRONZE
Athens, Georgia

There was once a guy named Trent, who when could not control his emotions was bent. With hair rumored to be soft as bird down, and skin as pale as a white wedding gown. His lan...
Ostrichman1194 BRONZE, Athens, Georgia

"Expect Everything."

Poetry
By BlueCannons3030 GOLD
Alleman, Iowa
BlueCannons3030 GOLD, Alleman, Iowa

God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pain. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.
-C.S. Lewis

BriannaBella BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona

“This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.”
― Marilyn Monroe

Poetry
By Lillienne PLATINUM
Reading, Massachusetts
Lillienne PLATINUM, Reading, Massachusetts

"Just tell yourself, Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr. Seuss <3

Poetry
By Lilliana210 BRONZE
San Antonio, Texas
Lilliana210 BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

Every little thing is gonna be alright.

annafranna BRONZE, Eldersburg, Maryland

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." ~Dr. Seuss

Kaayelynn BRONZE, Wahpeton, North Dakota

"Stop War.
Hug More."

Poetry
By MicroGiant GOLD
Elkhart, Iowa
MicroGiant GOLD, Elkhart, Iowa
Poetry
By KKGertz SILVER
Vancouver, Washington
KKGertz SILVER, Vancouver, Washington

You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You hurt, I hurt. You jump off a bridge, I get a paddle boat and save your stupid butt.

Poetry
By Gabbers GOLD
Howard Beach, New York
Gabbers GOLD, Howard Beach, New York