Jerk | Teen Ink

Jerk MAG

By Christina BRONZE, Clifton, Virginia
Christina BRONZE, Clifton, Virginia

I love your voice,
your soft brown hair.
I love your eyes
and love your stare.

I love your laugh,
your cocky smirk,
your stupid jokes.
You precious jerk,

you know I do.
I want my hands
all through your hair
each treasured strand.

I’m wrapped around
your finger still.
Am I yet yours?
Your love does kill

the things I hold
so close to me
and yet you’re the
best jerk I see.

chips said...
I enjoyed the oxymoron about the jerk being special. I also liked the metaphor you used when you were talking about his cocky smirk. great job

airjohnnys said...

I like how the person you're talking about is a likeable jerk and you're using metaphors and oxymorons

rebeckabear BRONZE, Escondido, California

live life to the fullest

this writing is very cool i wish i had a jerk in my life that i like write on. you know whats right, sit down and write

Ariberry13 SILVER, Westminster, Maryland

"the best and ost beautiful things in this world cant be seen of touched but must be felt with the heart "

love it .. i hate when that happens

KayKay6 GOLD said...
KayKay6 GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"Poetry comes from the heart, it is not something that is just made up"

This is a very good poem! I am basically going through the same thing right now, and the picture that came to my mind when reading this made it better. Good job! :D

KaraleeB said...
great! You showed that there was love, and there was hate and it was plain to see using oxymorons. It also had a great use of metaphor like when you expalined his hair, it illustrated an image.

Jordan T. D. said...
Great job, I love the oxymoron that you used with the precious jerk. It was amazing altogether but I also liked the hair metaphor. Great job again, and keep writing.

Tanner B said...
Tanner B, Waterford, Wisconsin
Good job! I liked the oxymoron about the jerk being precious. I also liked the metaphor you used when you were talking about his hair.

KaraleeB said...
This poem had nice rythem and the verses flowed together to create an impressive stanza.

Haim :P said...
on Apr. 30 2012 at 10:34 am
This poem has a very good sense of rhythmic structure and I like how there are some oxymorons. People can relate to the poem and it is very well written. It was clear how the writer was involved with the person the poem was talking about.

CamCam<3 said...
on Apr. 30 2012 at 10:33 am
This was very well written! You used great figurative language. I really liked the assonance. It made the piece so much more interesting! Another thing I really liked was how you used metaphors and idioms to compare this "jerk" to what you are feeling. Keep writing!!! You are an AWESOME writer

jlb1993 SILVER said...
jlb1993 SILVER, La Chapelle Aux Lys, Other

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives." - Chuck Palahnuik

Very well written, love it. "Your cocky smirk, your stupid jokes. You precious jerk" this bit is brilliant very witty, sounds like something I could imagine Morrissey singing

jazzyy33456 said...
on Apr. 23 2012 at 9:15 am
i like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<3

CodyKinzz BRONZE, Lyman, Maine

A poem begins as a lump in the throat, a sense of wrong, a homesickness, a lovesickness.
~~ Robert Frost
...
“I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a b****, okay.
~~ Madonna

“People are like stained-glass wind

This is stunning

Nisha007 said...
I really like this poem I has great stanzas and meaning. ROCK ON!!!!!!!

dya.o PLATINUM said...
on Apr. 17 2012 at 11:06 am
dya.o PLATINUM, Milton, Florida

“If consensus is overrated, I think balance is, too.
I have no interest in living a balanced life.
I want a life of adventure.” | Chris Guillebeau

I love this its AWSOME!! Wish I could write as good as you. You got real talent girl KEEP WRITING!

TheMouseWins BRONZE, Cumberland Center, Maine

I have two. I know, very duplicitous.
"I know what you're thinking... and you oughtta be ashamed of yourself." --Robert Preston.
"I never forget a face, but in your case, I'll be glad to make an exception."- Groucho Marx

I adore this. I like how the narrator is so wrapped up in this person, and yet she says he's a jerk all the same (I can relate...)

Mimi15 PLATINUM, Belfast, Maine
Wow! This is really great. Sorry for the advertising, but do you mind checking out some of my newer work? Keep writing :)

RedWingedBlackbird BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

Why is there cake, when you can just eat the mix or batter!

Flows very well in each stanza!

CreativeAngel SILVER, Vaddez, Alaska

Very true sometimes with relationships. You can't get out of it even though its bad. Loved the poem and it had a nice pattern to it.