Ballad of the Brave | Teen Ink

Ballad of the Brave

By ExpressThruWriting SILVER, Green Forest, Arkansas
ExpressThruWriting SILVER, Green Forest, Arkansas

"One of these days you will meet the right man who will always treat you right.... Yea what a load of crap..." -author unknown

They stood there tall.
Rifles on their shoulders.
They marched on.

They marched until they reached the spot.
They marched even though they knew their fate.
They marched for us on that day.

The shots rang out.
The sky turned black.
Men cried out.
Yet they kept fighting.
Just for us.

They could've turned back.
They could've surrendered.
They could've ran away.
Yet they kept on for us.

Now that battle is over.
Those men are all dead by now.
They died so that we could be free.

That's why we have Independance Day.

I wrote this because I'd like to remind others what it cost to have the freedom we take for granted.

joelyanna baca BRONZE, Magdalena, New Mexico
well thats great and sounds like they died for us.keep it up its good..!

Inkslinger BRONZE, Chattanooga, Oklahoma

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."--Marianne Williamson

Too many people forget that every person in the military has a choice. They could choose to let it get invaded... But they don't. Beautiful writing and meaning.

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution PLATINUM, Eugene, Oregon
i love and respect our soldiers, but now americas military has come to represent ignorant massacres, capitalist guinea pigs and missunderstandings of war, we no longer have half the honor we had

sarabellum93 GOLD, San Diego, California

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality."
~Edgar A. Poe

its hard when u feel like ur the only American teen who cares about our troops. It's amazing to read someone elses work that supports ppl who risk it all for us. This Memorial day marked the 5th year since my bff died in Iraq, check out some of my work about it. God bless

thank you it was my favorite thing ive wrote so far

Jaquie BRONZE said...
Jaquie BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida

This is certainly one of my favorites: "I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes." -2 Samuel 6:22

Very nice.

God bless,

...,

Please comment on this I'd like to know your opinions thanks!