Release | Teen Ink

Release

By WriterDancerLover GOLD, Fontana, California
WriterDancerLover GOLD, Fontana, California

Where were you
when I needed you most?
I was all alone.
I was so lost.

The sun was shining,
but it's light I couldn't see.
I was a raincloud,
always crying.
Drowning in my tears,
yet no hand reached in
to save me.

I stood silently
in the shadow of those words.
Just wishing, wishing
that I could erase the hurt.

My thoughts too quick to process,
I wish it never got to this.
My pain could be erased
if I could see your face.

But now the only smile I see
is the fake one
staring back at me.
The mirror's cracked.
For seven years I'll use the glass to
release,
Oh sweet release.

AbigailGilgal GOLD, Cloquet, Minnesota

"I write for the same reason I breath- because if I didn't, I would die"
~Isaac Asimov

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at the typewriter and bleed."
~ Ernest Hemingway

That makes me so sad! I just joined Teen Inc and you are my total favorite! But I don't like to think that I am looking into your past, into someone who used to be but was stamped out by life. If you have stopped, start up the engine! Don't give up! You have talent, a gift was given to you. Don't let that gift go to wast! I want to see you posting more of this. Of this magic that jumps out of the screen and into my heart. Get back at it!

Thank you for your comment. I hardly ever write, especially in the last couple of years. These are all old posts. When I used to write, the poems would usually come quickly and easily like gravity was pushing them out of my hands. The editing took longer. In total, I think I spent 25 minutes on this poem. Other pieces have taken much longer though. Thank you for saying I have talent. It saddens me a bit to think that I don't write anymore. High school can stamp creativity right out of a person.

Hotaru said...
I just love your poetry! Everything you write is so meaningful even if it doesn't seem like it at first glance, but the more you read into the words the more you begin to understand what is being said. You have a lot of talent and I love your poems so please don't ever stop writing! I was wondering how long it takes you to write a poem  like this. Does it take a long time for you to think about what you want to say? Do you even think about if what you are writing has a specific meaning? Sorry if my questions bother you, but I am curious to hear you answers. Thanks! Bye!

on Jan. 10 2010 at 3:05 am
ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

Powerful. i feel like i could relate this. Very good!