Twin Twigs | Teen Ink

Twin Twigs

By TheGreightGutzby SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
TheGreightGutzby SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

Two trees fell in love
And kissed each other at the hips
They loved each other so much
They began drinking from the same roots

Jealousy never toppled them
Couples carved their names within
C.A., J.D, R.A., N.S, F.G.,

And forever, for forever

Their arms became entangled
For a hug they wished to remain
Many times they were broken
But they grew new ones to ease their pain

They grew together and took care of their birds
Gave them shelter for their nests
They stopped the rain and blocked the shade
Tire swings, tree house, their love didn’t fade

Now that I am old I wonder:
How many initials stayed true?
And why I didn’t write our initials,
On the tree of loves youth

And even though time has changed
Nature’s lovers remain the same
I look, I look, I look for so long
It’s never late to carve our names.

ALM007 ELITE said...
ALM007 ELITE, São Paulo, Colorado
Hey I tried to watch the Midnight in Paris online, but couldn't. I might have to check it out from the library this summer. Have you heard of Matthew Ryan before? He's not my type of musician, but he has this song, And Never Look Back, that I think you, or a writer might like. But I could totally off and if you don't like it, that's okay too.

you should definately try to go and dont miss out on the fun. Sometimes little parties like that can do alot ofr the soul. oh dont worry not stalkerish at all

ALM007 ELITE said...
ALM007 ELITE, São Paulo, Colorado

sorry don't want to sound stalkerish

if it weren't for this class i'd be eating cake in a jacuzzi for my friend's bday party

ALM007 ELITE said...
ALM007 ELITE, São Paulo, Colorado
hey your online, i've been online for hours distracting myself with teen ink and my email while finishing this 4 hour online test for a stupid online class but i would totally use that sleep deprivation center

lol i Know exactly what you mean. I have this journal where i write all my nonsense  and it i have a sections where i put inventions; i know sounds crazy but one of my inventions is a sleeping center in school. Sleep deprivations makes you go crazy, angry and sad if they just would let us sleep for some more minutes we would feel much better right. Youll get through it.

ALM007 ELITE said...
ALM007 ELITE, São Paulo, Colorado
Hey I'm so tired of school. I could write an opinion paper on it if I didn't have so much homework. Yes, this doesn't make sense - this is the result of homework and sleep deprivation. But I just watched the trailer for Midnight In Paris and I' totally intrigued. I've always loved Owen Wilson. I'll try to watch it this weekend, and I should have a few new pieces I just submitted this past week. Keep in touch and thanks for the recommendation!

on Apr. 6 2012 at 12:22 am
Im fine very nice to hear from you. How have youve been. Do you have any new works that I might be able to read? Lately Ive been watching the movie "A midnight in Paris" i think its a movie any writer would enjoy so you should check it out. If you cant find it ill find a way to get to get it to your hands if youd like.

ALM007 ELITE said...
ALM007 ELITE, São Paulo, Colorado

Hey,

I'm good, how are you?

No problem, I really like a lot of your work and it reminds me that just because something isn't in the magazine doesn't mean it's not equally or even more amazing. Sometimes I think I think it's just a matter of taste. Keep up the good work and thanks for your feedback too.

Hey how are you thanks alot for your comment, i appraciate it. I wrote this poem during spring break and it was inspired by an actual tree that still stands today. The two are connected so it just gave me a sweet idea.

ALM007 ELITE said...
ALM007 ELITE, São Paulo, Colorado

Okay, now for the feedback.

I love this poem. I love how you parallel human relationships of love and nature and how you entangle both, giving trees human qualities and expressing human relationships through the beauty of nature.

ALM007 ELITE said...
ALM007 ELITE, São Paulo, Colorado
let's see if this posts......