hold | Teen Ink

hold

By LIKEwhoaa GOLD, Carrollton, Texas
LIKEwhoaa GOLD, Carrollton, Texas

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.
-Charles DuBois

MY SHOES they stare at me, all lined up in rows, not color coordinated, or by date purchased, just…there.

THERE, my first pair of {not really real} UGG boots, the flip flops I made at summer camp, the beautiful swayed flats that broke the second day I wore them, the worn out converse with the soles barely hanging on, the other worn out converse…the ones I had to tape back together with scotch tape at school, the hand me down mary janes…the plaid ones that were always just a little too big at the back.

MY SHOES have held my feet, my sisters feet, my friends feet, they held the mud from that fight during field day, the house key the day I had no pockets, they held water when it rained and I ran to the bus stop so I wouldn’t be late when it turns out, the bus was late.

THEY also hold memories. The many memories that don’t fit anywhere else…
my shoes hold them instead.

i was cleaning out my closet, and while i was looking through my shoes i just kept thinking about everything i had done in those shoes, the memories that happened while i was wearing them and...taadaa:)

<3

LoveLikeWoe DIAMOND, LeSueur, MN, Minnesota

Whoever laughs first has the sickest mind.

this is awesome Like*Whoa!!! !!!! :D

Duckie430 said...
Duckie430, Riverside, Rhode Island

“The secret to life is being who you are and being happy with who you are.”
"Whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger."

good imagery

carijoy SILVER said...
carijoy SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
I LOVE THIS POEM! It is so true, with vivid imagery. I'm packing right now, myself- preparing for college, it is amazing how many memories are stored in the simple things from years ago, and even yesterday! :) keep up the great work!