The Beauty of Art | Teen Ink

The Beauty of Art

May 9, 2024
By vedanth_aggarwal SILVER, Dubai, Other
vedanth_aggarwal SILVER, Dubai, Other
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
'Don't wait for opportunities, create them!'


Etched in history lie the twinkling stars, the faint smiles, the meals of hell.

Picasso, Van Goh, Da Vinci hoisted their sword and bejeweled their pallet in a spell.

Kahlo’s intricate portraits, Warhol transforming shards of metal to art.

Their canvas captured history for time immemorial, etched a paradise in their heart.

Establishing a legacy that lasts, they left hoping the future continues this craft.

 

Yet today’s this enchanting, endearing craft is lost.

The claws of technology, social media shackle us, our pallet covered in frost.

Our surreal brush gathers dust, our soul shivers, starved of expression.

When in fact we the need of the hour is to question this indiscretion.

To question the mystic horizon, the azure oceans, enticing cherry blossoms.

 

Let RUBIX cubes transcend from a desert to a mirage,

Hear the screams of minorities in a grayscale collage.

Let the profound universe echo in chiseled oak,

Unveil communication’s premonitions on a digital cloak.

Art sails like a ship, floats like a cloud, like a tranquil thrill that hums to our will.

 

The future is like building a transparent puzzle, perhaps art is the answer to this riddle.

The innocent blue sky has been amputated, perhaps it is grey mould or eerie twiddle.

Guns, weapons, massacres shatter lives, let bloodshed brutally unfold.

Confidence, belief and hope more expensive than gold.

Art and only art is the answer, hence this formidable force must be awakened with remorse.

 

Paint-Sculpture-Bubble Wrap-Photography, art lies not in them but within our mind.

The curses of past, the birds chirping, destiny’s ration - nothing predefined.

Take a blank paper, a stroke of the world and sail along the waves of your heart.

A world reimagined in your palms, envision your canvas, and awaken your art.

Let the pastel guide you through stress and strife and forever renew the canvas of life


The author's comments:

I am an aspiring high school writer who enjoys writing poetry about various themes and experiences in my life. I had recently developed a newfound passion for art and loved the infinite potential of this field. I was fascinated by how artists created beautiful masterpieces out of everyday objects by using unconventional methods. In fact, this poem won me an award at an regional/national competition.