Peace? | Teen Ink

Peace?

By Tiaya01 GOLD, Ninilchik, Alaska
Tiaya01 GOLD, Ninilchik, Alaska

They say everything is bigger in texas, but they aint seen Alaska yet..

As the waves crash against the frozen banks of Alaska, Piece by piece the wall falls down. The river widening the shore receding. People losing their place they call home. Forced to move once again the Alaskan natives walk down the road to safety to only know it will soon fade away. The cracking earth beneath their feet, sending shock waves of hopeless lies through there soulless bodies. The ice breaks from above sending water into their villages attacking everything in its path. This happens not only in rural Alaska but in every UN-expecting place. You won’t help, he won’t help. We all depend on this lifeless orb we wish to call peace. But you see we live on earth now. This is the place and time there is no longer peace spelled with an A but with an i. We no longer have peace with one another but only peace with an i. I this i that. Every person you know every city every continent is split into pieces. But you see we can become more than an i. we can come together to be a we. We stand up for those in need. Are you as a fellow equal an i or a we. We stand with our fellow natives our fellow people or fellow equals. We are no longer split into pieces we are no longer split into hopeless lies we are the people we are peace

1COR13 PLATINUM, Anchor Point, Alaska

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimmi Hendrix

I like!