Lions Lose In Lambeau | Teen Ink

Lions Lose In Lambeau

By Connor Wilcox GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
Connor Wilcox GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

The Green Bay Packers received a needed win October 18th against the Detroit Lions in Lambeau Field with a 26-0 shutout. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers had a fantastic game with 358 passing yards, 2 touchdown passes, and an 82.6 completion percentage. Rodgers also had a frustrating time in the pocket with 5 sacks and 1 interception. Donald Driver also had a phenomenal night and also set a Packers franchise record for 596 career catches.

The Packers Offensive linemen have been struggling early this season and have not been able to protect Rodgers. A major reason they have a problem with pass protection is because Chad Clifton endured another ankle injury forcing Daryn Colledge to take his position. Rodgers is not fully blaming his blockers, he admitted that at times he holds the ball for too long and that he is partially to blame as well.

The Lions also had problems with their offense. Lions starting quarterback Matthew Stafford suffered a knee injury and was unable to play against the Packers, forcing them to put in backup quarterback Daunte Culppepper. Later in the third quarter Culpepper injured his hamstring, which forced the Lions to bring in third-string quarterback Drew Stanton. "It's very disappointing, very frustrating," Culpepper said to ESPN. "It's embarrassing to me not to be able to move it on the field and get points on the board. We've got to figure out a way to do that, simple as that."

The Packers have recently signed ; Mark Tauscher in order to help the offensive linemen, and Ahman Green to help the running. The Packers next week the 1-5 Cleveland Browns, and the Lions have a bye week.