20 Rules I've Broken | Teen Ink

20 Rules I've Broken

1.
Don’t say “shut up” in the house.
2.
Come to school on time.
3.
Do your homework.
4.
Listen and pay attention in class.
5.
Say “hello” to people you know.
6.
Wear gloves when baking or cooking.
7.
Don’t eat raw cookie dough even though it tastes good.
8.
When you do something, stick to it.
9.
Don’t fight fire with fire. It makes a bigger fire.
10.
Put equal amounts on your plate, because you might not eat it all.
11.
Use your “inside voice”.
12.
Be nice.
13.
Pay back money you’ve borrowed.
14.
Don’t walk out on someone during a conversation.
15.
Watch television from a distance.
16.
Don’t throw something across the room unless you want to hurt someone.
17.
Straighten your hair if it’s frizzy.
18.
Try not to laugh at the misfortunes of others. It just might come back to you.
19.
Mind your own business.
20.
Wear sunscreen.

mplo said...
on Dec. 30 2015 at 10:42 am
Rules are there for a reason--for more efficient operation. For example, if everybody came waltzing into school or work any old time they felt like it, nothing would get accomplished, plus if one's working a full or even a part-time job, they'll be out on their ear if they did that long enough. Sometimes, rules can be broken if there's some sort of an emergency or crisis at home or whatever that causes somebody to come in late. In that event, it's common courtesy and a matter of ethics to make a phone call to notify work or school of having to come in late, and why. Sometimes, when people get overheated emotionally, during a dispute, saying "shut up" sometimes just happens. Eating raw cookie dough from the store isn't such a good thing. Who knows where it's been?

mplo said...
on Dec. 30 2015 at 10:38 am
Imho, home-baked goods, whether they are cakes or cookies are better, because at least when one bakes them at home, s/he knows what goes into them. Many, if not most of those store-bought cookie dough batches or cake mixes have all kinds of preservatives put into them that serve no purpose except to prolong the shelf life. Who needs those chemicals? It's better to find a favorite recipe or recipes, purchase the ingredients, and bake the cookies or cake(s) at home!

IndigoElisabeth SILVER, Woodbury, New Jersey

John 1:1

Never heard the one about wearing gloves... Outside of restaurants, I mean.

normgrl GOLD said...
normgrl GOLD, Jacksonville, Florida

Do we eat to live or live to eat?

Well yeah, they are made to help you. And although your parents - a.k.a. the authority - make them for your own benefit, there are certain rules where your opinion should be considered.

normgrl GOLD said...
normgrl GOLD, Jacksonville, Florida

Do we eat to live or live to eat?

really?!! I am NEVER eating cookie dough again - at least until it's an actual cookie.

ossiecastro5 PLATINUM, A Single Light In, New Jersey

I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying.

You do know rules are made to help you. Not annoy you. I understand what you say. My parents make many rules. But they know whats best. They try to make us to better people. That is usually their motive; not to annoy you.

LISTEN 2 ME U SHOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT THE RULES CUZ EVERY WERE YOU GO THERES GOING TO BE RULE NO MATTER WERE YOU GO REMEMBER THEIR THERE!!!!^$^$^$^$

i know somwonw whio died by eating a raw cookie.

samwise_the_brave BRONZE, Acworth, Georgia
when I move out and get my own apartment/house, I will never bake cookies again. why would you go to the trouble to bake them when they taste better straight from the bucket or however you buy them or mix them???

VarsityRider said...
VarsityRider, Milledgeville, Georgia

"Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice." - W. Shakespeare.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do." - Confucius

I hate rules,and those are just the really simple ones, my favorite is 'dont eat raw cookie dough' thats my most hated rule, it tastes SO good.

ruby 94 said...
I think that its funny how people break these simple rules to follow. (I do it all the time) Everytime I do it there seems to be someone correcting my mistakes or always pointing it out though.

odonnells said...
I loved all of it. I think I have done every single thing on that list except for the “Straighten your hair if it’s frizzy,” because I am a guy. I also liked the one that said “Don’t eat raw cookie dough even though it tastes good.” I have broken that rule many times before. I never thought about how much I break these rules until this list. You should make another twenty different rules you have broke.

LaShaeKnight BRONZE, Bham, Alabama
LOL MY GRANDMA TELLS ME ALL THAT IS ON THAT LIST ALMOST EVERYDAY