Is gaming Bad for you? | Teen Ink

Is gaming Bad for you?

By Clemmonds BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Clemmonds BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"Destiny is a gift. Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor. That to strive and triumph in the face of fear is what it means to be a hero. Don't think. Become."-Jim Lake jr.

I'm a gamer, gaming helped with a lot of things in my life. Because of the games I have experienced I am who I am. Gaming helped me with finding friends, keeping a positive attitude throughout my life. There are much worse things my generation can be doing. Gaming can not be what adults find as bad for you.  

Gaming is an activity that involves elements like an objective. It also includes an award system, and a rule set. When people say games they immediately think of a screen with a controller in their hands. But that isn't always the case. Games can be anything, which is perfect about it. Everyone plays a game in their everyday life. You might not notice it but even adults are playing games. 

Everyone says that gaming is a waste of time, they think that it won´t help you in your life. Gaming is an addiction in their eyes, not a source of entertainment. They are wrong, it can be what they say but there are different ways of playing games that can be healthy for both you and your kids.  It's a great chemistry builder, building a better bond between you and your kids. But of course playing too much can be a bad thing. But that is for everything. 

Playing games can definitely be a thing that can change your life for the better. There are so many people in the world playing so many different types of games that are financially stable. Which is what parents would want for their kids to succeed in life games. People struggle with communication, most games require communication. Football, basketball and most fps shooters are all games that require communication, another key element you need to be the best you. These games are helping generations be better in life. 

These games can help you mentally as well, what's better than learning how to survive in any situation. Survival games specialize in coming up with scenarios that could happen that you should learn how to overcome. This generation's attention grabber is technology. A little bit of it can be good. Studies have shown that games build life skills that are definitely needed. Playing such games requires a lot of brain power which means your thinking, developing, and getting smarter in difficult situations. 

Gaming is good for  you to a certain extent. Too much gaming is bad for you. Gaming is good for you because the skills you gain from just playing a little bit is so good that it could even help you with your college classes.  The parents are right when they set a time limit or specific days you can.  It brings happiness to both you and the kids. Restricting them from doing these activities is not what should be happening. Let them enjoy their games before they won't be able to enjoy them at all. Inspire them to grind so they could make money from this. This could be an occupation. If this was such a bad thing then why would you be able to study this in college?