Impossible | Teen Ink

Impossible

June 1, 2009
By hannahlyyynn BRONZE, Germantown, Wisconsin
hannahlyyynn BRONZE, Germantown, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I have had thoughts lately about the impossible. What does it mean for something to be impossible? There is so much that that word impossible describes, so much that one simple word can control. But is the meaning of impossible as strong and unchanging as we hold it to be? There are so many things that people want and so much of those things are said to be impossible.

But what about what I want? I want to be able to do something that can not be done. See and feel things that can not be seen and can not be felt. I want to be able to say that I have jumped bigger and flown higher, that I have swam deeper and fallen faster, and even that I have lived longer and been more than the limit that has been set for me.

And as I break free of those limits I can finally show the world that the word impossible has no hold on me. It can not hold me captive as it has to the rest of the world. And I will also set free our world that has been imprisoned by a simple word. By my example they will realize that as long as they believe that things are impossible, they will be. Impossible is just an adjective that describes things. But adjectives change. You can take something that is as red as that purest rose and you can paint it a blue as clear and vivid as the sky.

So think something that can not be thought. Learn something and teach something that can not be learned or taught. Become the example and help the others around you break free of the captive that is that one word. Take impossible and paint it with your actions, your thoughts, your dreams into possible. We are only prisoners as long as we wish to be. Do not be afraid, for the impossible is only a dream that we refuse to awake from. Return to reality. Be the one who can not be held down. Impossible is just a word. But possible is a world of possibilities just waiting to be discovered.