Fantasy Football | Teen Ink

Fantasy Football

“Fantasy football is a full-time job,” says Jack Chapel, a young fantasy football vet. I sat down with Jack Chapel trying to learn more about fantasy football. One of the big takeaways was that he said “Fantasy football is something so easy but so hard. Something that takes years to master. You have to be one with your team to truly master being a football team manager”. Say Jack I couldn’t agree more with him if you truly love something you have to be one with it. His passion for fantasy football started many years ago about 8 or years.

It started with his dad. He learned how to draft a team and how to manage a team. He learned all the ins and outs of the league, how to prepare a draft and how to win the leagues. Some might say that his love for the game is from his father. After watching his dad draft teams and manage them he finally passed down his team to Jack. He said he never felt so honored. He gave Jack a lot of tips on how to win every year and here they are. One of the big things he said is that you have to always check your team and the league. Injuries almost happen every day in the NFL when someone gets down you have to be the first one in the waiver wire to pick up his backup so you have the best chance of winning. He did say the other side of fantasy is just luck, like you can’t go out there and play for your team, you just have to hope you have the best guys out there for that week. 

wrote about someone else