EXUBERANCE IN CONTEMPLATION | Teen Ink

EXUBERANCE IN CONTEMPLATION

By Songs_Along GOLD, Abcd, Other
Songs_Along GOLD, Abcd, Other

"Sometimes we are only given a few minutes to be with the one we love and a thousand hours to spend just thinking about them."

To most of us contemplation means sitting cross-legged, making an atrocious expression, putting one’s hands on either leg, closing one’s eyes and pretending to be concentrating upon some deep metaphysical theory.

Alas! We, the creator of the modern human epoch, are so fallaciously misguided! But I don’t blame you, or anyone who has this misconception. I too would have been a member of your club if it wouldn’t have been for my mother who’s so intertwined in spirituality and inner high consciousness. She cleared my cloudbank with relevant information (as much as I could take in). Contemplation means continuous and profound meditation or musing on a subject or series of subjects of a deep or abstruse nature. Here, I take the subject of spirituality. In simple words, contemplation is a mere process of cognizing our higher inner consciousness, making our mind devoid of every thought except that of the highest truth about our soul along with advancement to the communion with God. It is a technique practiced by ‘yogis’ or by the people who are keen to undergo self realization and enlightenment.

I guess the word ‘mere’ seems a bit out of place but it would be alright for those who are already acquainted with rumination, speculation, meditation, contemplation and stuff. Many think of it as a tedious and hebetudinous path. But very few know of the jubilant, elated and exultant feeling one experiences after attaining the height of destitution.

The world is nothing but a hallucination. The objects, places and people of consciousness are nothing but an idea. We have to come out of this illusion; attain peace of mind; attain the supreme truth. Thus, we have to find the EXUBERANCE IN CONTEMPLATION……

All the famous men claiming to be 'enlightened' or 'having powers bestowed upon them by none other than God himself' raised my curiosity about spiritualism and so....here I am!