Freedom of Religion | Teen Ink

Freedom of Religion

By MichelleAmanda DIAMOND, Miamisburg, Ohio
MichelleAmanda DIAMOND, Miamisburg, Ohio

The world is just vinalla ice cream without the sprinkles that are creative people.

You say that by saying God bless you, I offend you. You say that I don't respect you're right to not believe in God when I ask you to go to chruch with me.
I'll be the first one to addmite that this country was built upon freedom to worship as you want. I know that not everyone believes in God.
But if I can't wear around my neack, a cross then why can you cruse my God to my face. Is that not offending me, as you say I offend you.
You do not see the hipocrace that you pratice. Yet I see it in every place I can't bring my bible.
At school I can't pray because it keeps you from doign as you please. So tell me how not letting me worship as I please, fair in any way.
I can not say so much as God bless you with you jumping all over me. But when I tell you to stop taking the Lord's name in vain, then I am discriminating agenst you.
Please tell me how this is true.

andromeda13 SILVER, Barrie, Other
Good article, I understand how you feel, I have a teacher at my school that insulted my religion. In a perfect world every one would respect what other people believe in but unfortunatly here religion seems to mean war. :(