The Sin of Ignorance. | Teen Ink

The Sin of Ignorance.

By pulsusego GOLD, Mcdonough, Georgia
pulsusego GOLD, Mcdonough, Georgia

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings; look on my words, ye mighty, and despair.", "I like smashing pots. Then I take the fragments to Kernavė and bury them. In future, it will be more past there" by Juozas Erlickas, and so many more..

I have been called many things. I have been called a devil worshipper. I have been called a damned soul. I have been called a fool, an idiot, and a bastard. I would be bothered, but as it would seem there is simply no point.

These people have been raised to believe these things. They honestly think I am damned for what I believe. It doesn't anger me, but instead, it saddens me. It's pitiful, that what may otherwise be kind people have had such foul thoughts drilled into their heads from day one. I hold no ill will to them, but only to the world in which they were born.

Simply put; people aren't born hating atheists.

thesidewalkendshere SILVER, McDonough, Georgia

Love calls, everywhere and always. We're sky bound- are you coming? - Rumi

made my life. this can apply to so many things, not just the religion discussion. so many people are so closed minded. the thing is, you have it right. you can't let yourself be bothered by the fact that there are people who are going to be angry at you for thinking what you think. asdfghjkl, i can almost write a huge essay as a reply. but i'll suffice to say that i love you, bestfrienddd. <3

savetheplanet PLATINUM, Anaheim, California

It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Well, no, I didn't mean to say all Christians are like that.  I myself am Catholic.  So excuse my generalization.  I merely meant Christians it applies to.

SilentlyRising GOLD, Decatur, Georgia

"My pen is the barrel of the gun. Remind me which side you should be on."

Not all Christians are like that, savetheplanet.  I'm Christian and could honestly care less what your religion is so long as you are a good person.  It's always those few extremists who give an entire group of people a bad name.  You are an inspiration.  And, if any Christian is saying anything like that, then they aren't truely Christian.  Your aritcle was very touching.  Write on!

I also applaud you for your forgiving attitude towards these ignorant people.  I've never understood how Chrisitians, who are supposed to love their neighbor could reconcile this and hating other religions or lack thereof together.

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

I admire you so much for not hating, or even being angered, at those who have done you wrong. That is so so so so so wise of you; you give atheists a good name. :)

I'm a Christian, and it doesn't seem to me like the people who call you a dam.ned soul and a devil worshipper are following the same Jesus that I am. There's no love in that.

Sorry for what you've had to go through, but I'm delighted about your attitude.