If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

Yahweh: "I just want to help you. See here? This is my son. I sent him to die for you to fulfill a payment of a law I made that you broke (which I knew you would do ahead of time). You have to accept this and believe in him, or you will be dropped into a fiery pit to be torn apart by demons that used to be my angels. And remember, it doesn't matter how good of a person you are, because the first man and the first woman failed my obedience test by eating a fruit from a tree after being tempted by Satan, a powerful evil deity (again, I knew this ahead of time, so I knew you wouldn't have a choice to carry the burden of their mistake). And since you're related to them, you have to pay the price and pass the same test too, since I invented genetics and allowed this evilness to be passed down from parent to child. I also made sure you were born, fully knowing already whether you would pass or fail my test, so I know at this moment whether you're going to heaven or hell. Remember, I'm here to help you if any of this sounds like it was invented by goat herder (and it absolutely wasn't, because this book says so, because man wrote it that way).

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

Not a good comparison. It would make no sense, for instance, if a parent would spank a child just because their great-great-great-great etc. grandmother did something bad. And when normal parents send their kids to time-out, they don't open a pit of fire and drop them in to be tortured by demons. 

*drops* "But remember, I still love you honey!"

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

The mystery of Genesis that has never been answered.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

So if a room mate doesn't help with the rent, they deserve to be tortured for entirety in a fiery pit?

AriShine GOLD said...
AriShine GOLD, Norcross, Georgia

"Whatever you are, be a good one." -Abraham Lincoln

Yes Yes Yes! Personally, I don't believe in hell, but if I did, I agree that our beliefs would have nothing to do with it.

AriShine GOLD said...
AriShine GOLD, Norcross, Georgia

StarryRoss- I think you're great. Thank you for being open minded and combating the stereotypes of your religion. It is admirable.

shinjite- Your comment  kind of ruined it for me. StarryRoss is talking about universal acceptence, and what you are saying is that atheists will be accepted in heaven if they stop being athesists. This defeats the original argument.

AriShine GOLD said...
AriShine GOLD, Norcross, Georgia

Jews don't believe in hell. I am a Jew. Why in the world would I go to hell if I don't believe it exists?

dotn_me BRONZE said...
dotn_me BRONZE, Camarillo, California
and i suppose the bible says nothing about respecting ohter religions?? that their beliefs are nonexistant?

Cornelius said...

John 14:6

Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

KelliB GOLD said...
KelliB GOLD, Amarillo, Texas

Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.
- Bill Cosby

I do believe what the bible says but I also believe that it will take a lot of sinning to make it into h.ell. Only a few people will go there. The rest will go to different places in heaven.

Faith-Loves BRONZE, Dayton, Ohio

"Life aint a dream, So Dont live in One, Make it Reality or Shut Up about It " - Imani F.

I would like to just say , God does mention in the bible that non-believers won't make it in heaven. Would you want someone to live in a dorm with you knowing they wouldnt help with rent and bills? it would be pointless......

on Apr. 23 2012 at 2:14 am
i_am_so_very_large_and_towering SILVER, Mililani, Hawaii

"Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?"

i love your article! who cares what religion you are? i think that getting to heaven has nothing to do with who you believe in but how you live your life! i wish that people don't look down on others who don't believe in God or Jesus.

TerraAnimusPatronus BRONZE, Eden, North Carolina

«You are either the best kept secret or just surrounded by blind people.»

i have been wonderin this for a long time if he knows everything that is and will come we put a tree of life in the garden in the first place

what the heck is the monky theory if you are talking about evolution evolution is not about us coming from monkeys it says that we had a common ancestor and by natural selection we came into being as we are now and i am not saying anything bad about religion i think religion is a very good moral guide line to live a decent life even though some things i dont agree with but that is me but if what about dinosaurs you cant tell me you dont believe in them because the bible said nothing about dinosaurs but dont be hardheaded and not consider things

GORT666 SILVER said...
GORT666 SILVER, Seattle, Washington
i really find it stupid that you shouldnt go to heaven (if there even is one) just because you arent christian. im not religious at all. i think alot of the theories dont make any sense. and anyways, science has more proof than any religion. i think  you're article is great, and if there is a heaven, i would like to go there, and still believe what i want. ice cream.

Hollyhomer BRONZE, Carpenter, Wyoming
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
If your not a christion why are you even worried about getting to Heaven?

AgentOrange789 GOLD, Friendswood, Texas

"It's a saying they have, that a man has a false heart in his mouth for the world to see, another in his breast to show to his special friends and his family, and the real one, the true one, the secret one, which is never known to anyone except to himself alone, hidden only God knows where."
-James Clavell, "Shogun"

Thank you. Thank you very much for writing this.

Religion can be a beautiful thing. Most of my friends are christian, and I have a massive appreciation for medieval/rennaisance writing, music, arts, etc. that would never be here were it not for their religious influences. But people need to know that the bible was written for and by people of the biblical times, who were quite often rather barbaric. And because all they knew was their "corner" of the world, so to speak, they would be quick to label anything too different as heresy.  The rules change with the times, and if we were to strictly follow the rules of a 2000 year old civilization, we would never have come as far as we have as a race.

JasmineNoelle1 BRONZE, There Is No Need To Know This !!!, Texas

You never needed to change my darling you just need to have confidence in yourself to be yourself and not change for someone else.

you don't have to believe in heaven and hell. You just need to have Jesus in your heart and except him as your personal savior and that he died for you on the cross and rose from the dead. I kinda of believe that you don't have to be christian to understand that and that Jesus is in your life so yea.

jrfirefighter202, Whiting, Iowa
Oh! and the Bible isn't made up because there have been several prophices in the Bible that have been fufilled! If you don't belive in the Bible's story, then how do you think we really came into this world? Monkeys? Come on! The monkey theroy is the dumbest think I have ever heard!

jrfirefighter202, Whiting, Iowa
If you are not a Christian, you don't go to heaven is what I belive! It is wrong to think that just beliving in God will get you to heaven! I totally dissagree! If you want to go to heaven, you have to except Jesus Christ as your personal savior! He came and died on the cross for YOU! So if you want to get to heaven, you have to except Jesus's gift and except him as your savior! You are now going to be in my prayers!