If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

November 7, 2009
By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
22 articles 0 photos 7 comments

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

The author's comments:
I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 575 comments.


on May. 30 2015 at 6:20 pm
AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
Okay. It's just that I'm an atheist and sometimes I can be pretty rude

on May. 30 2015 at 9:29 am
AwesomeWriter SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan
8 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What light is to the eyes - what air is to the lungs - what love is to the heart, liberty is to the soul of man.
Robert Green Ingersoll

Oh no, you didn't insult me at all. Some people, after all, have doubts about things when it comes to religion, so it's perfectly natural.

on May. 29 2015 at 7:31 pm
AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
You make some good points. People in North Korea do have free will, but if they express it they will be severely punished. Although unfortunately they do seem brainwashed sometimes by propaganda. And I am sorry if I insulted you about your religious beliefs. It's your choice to believe in a god or not.

on May. 29 2015 at 10:31 am
AwesomeWriter SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan
8 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What light is to the eyes - what air is to the lungs - what love is to the heart, liberty is to the soul of man.
Robert Green Ingersoll

I believe that my God gave people free will, not that I know my God gave free will. Yes, people in North Korea have free will. But do they have a choice to express their free will when the dictator of North Korea's own free will is being used against their own? DO you realize that, yes, North Koreans have the free will to believe in whatever they want, just privately. They have the free will of thought, and no dictator may take that away. People can, yes, be born in any society, in any republic, Communist, or democratic republic. But it's people's choices of what they choose to do with their free will that makes a country look good or bad. They can choose a Communist country that were born in into a Republic country, because they made good choices with their free will. Did you realize that someone have to give us free will for your mother to give birth to you in your home country?

on May. 28 2015 at 11:51 am
AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
How do you know that a god gave someone free will? Your argument is saying that people in North Korea have free will to believe in whatever they want, but they don't. People are just either born into a society where they have free will or one where they don't. It has nothing to do with a god.

on May. 28 2015 at 7:50 am
AwesomeWriter SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan
8 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What light is to the eyes - what air is to the lungs - what love is to the heart, liberty is to the soul of man.
Robert Green Ingersoll

Good question. You can't have proof of everything in life. You have to have faith that there's a chance to believe in God. After all, there's a chance for everything: marriage, drinking, playing sports, going to college, etc. So why can't there be a chance to believe in God? For believing is about free will, and so it's your choice to believe; God gave you free will to do that.

on May. 27 2015 at 1:23 pm
AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
From a biological point of view, the only reason that organisms live is to reproduce. However, I feel that there is more to humans than that because we have the mental ability to understand that fact. The purpose of life, in my perspective, is to learn what we can in order to pass that knowledge on to the rest of the human race in the hopes that they can use it to try to understand life.

on May. 27 2015 at 1:20 pm
AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
If God is asking you if you think he is real or not, wouldn't he be real if he is the one asking you? But how do you know that there will be a chance to believe in God? Dead people can't explain what happened to them. It's just a guess.

on May. 27 2015 at 1:18 pm
AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
None of that was actual, valid evidence to whether or not there is a god. That's just you saying that religion helped you feel better. And it wasn't "God" who transformed you. You helped yourself.

on Apr. 25 2015 at 7:41 pm
MinionForGod SILVER, Nixon, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I didn't receive my acceptance letter to Hogwarts so I'm leaving the Shire to become a Jedi to preach the gospel to all nations." (That's right! I can be a nerd and still love Jesus! God calls me to come as I am and that's what I'm gonna do!)

I know that God is real and that the Bible is true because I'm not who I used to be. I used to be depressed, insecure, mean, and fearful. But one day, someone told me the good news about Jesus Christ and offered me the ONE true way to get to Heaven. And that's by accepting Jesus into my heart. That day, I found the hope, happiness, wholeness, and joy that I had been constantly searching for. I don't feel like something is missing from my life anymore. Plus, since that day, God has changed me into a much better person. A person I always dreamed of being. I've also seen answered prayers and miracles. And I have watched the very things the Bible says will happen if someone does a specific thing, happen! I know that everything the Bible says is true because I've seen it! I've seen how awesome and real God is. I believe with all my heart that there is a God, the Bible is truer than anything in this world, that Heaven is real, and that there's only one way to get there. I pray, in Jesus' mighty and matchless name, that you will come to see this too. If you have any questions, feel free to reply

on Mar. 31 2015 at 4:59 pm
AwesomeWriter SILVER, Grand Rapids, Michigan
8 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
"What light is to the eyes - what air is to the lungs - what love is to the heart, liberty is to the soul of man.
Robert Green Ingersoll

Everyone has a belief for religion, whether it be Christianity, Judaism, Islam, or Atheism. I believe that regardless of your beliefs, when you die, God will give you a chance to believe in God or not. If you refuse, you're going to go to hell. If you do, you get to go to heaven. And I'm saying that you're going to make this decision once you DIE and are in GOD'S PRESENCE.

on Feb. 14 2015 at 12:05 pm
Iamransomed BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
1 article 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Now faith, in the sense in which I am here using the word, is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods.
















C.S Lewis

Your statement is as I quote "I think even if you are not a christian, you will make it into heaven." That statement is not valid with the rest of your argument. Now, the first time I read this I read it from a personal point of view. Than I decieded to read it again in unbiased point of view. First of all your first sentence contradicts your whole argument. If everybody goes to heaven because we were made equal than why is there a Bible. Why are there people laying down there lives if everybody is just going to heaven? If you cannot trust everything you read in the Bible, how do you know there is a heaven for everybody to go to? Second of all if there is not a God or heaven or hell than anything is possible. Why should anybody care how they act if one everybody is going to heaven or two everybody just dies and that is it. If there is not a goal or purpose for living than why live? That is what is wrong with the world today. Suicde among teens, like ourselves, is at it's highest. I understand because I have felt suicdal, when there is not a reason to live or a purpose than life is meaningless.

on Dec. 13 2014 at 10:32 am
Thefanatasticagirlie101 SILVER, Euless, Texas
6 articles 0 photos 59 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our mind. That's what I hope to give you forever." ~The Notebook

In my religion of Islam, we believe in the Holy Quran, and that is our reliable source because or Prophet Muhammad (SWL) had recited the words straight from Allah (Subhanahu watala), and it has never been changed, ever! So people believe in what they believe, just leave it at that. We will all witness this one day

MacusMaine said...
on Dec. 2 2014 at 5:58 pm
MacusMaine, Raleigh, North Carolina
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
I am afraid that Universalism has been profoundly rejected even by those who think in this manner.     Check our the Philosophy of Universalism and read about it - it is interesting.  It died out because, well, it did not withstand the tests of time.

Zoey24 SILVER said...
on Nov. 19 2014 at 8:32 am
Zoey24 SILVER, Williamsport,, Pennsylvania
5 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
If we judge each other we won't ever have time to love each other!

The Bible is not just  made up thing. It is actually connected to history in a big way. just read about Puritanism. It all connects and makes perfect since. If you don't believe in Jesus and him dying on the croos for you sins and brusied for your iniquity.. then just think, HOW ARE YOU HERE TODAY? Not just by luck. You are here by the grace og God. it's simple if you aren't baptized, filled with the holy ghost with the edvidence of speaking in tongues, YOU CAN NOT INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD. that is found in John 3:5 

on Oct. 15 2014 at 10:39 am
Ashley.Noel SILVER, Lugoff, South Carolina
7 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can't always wait for opportunity to knock; sometimes you have to knock the door off its hinges and pumble opportunity in the streets."
~ Lisa Landry, "Sister, Sister"

What a lot of people don't understand about the Bible is that many of the stories are made to make a point and aren't neceserily 100% accurate. Like when God made the Earth in a week, it doesn't necessarily transfer to what we now call a week. For a we know, "one day" in the beginning of time was actually one thousand years by today's standards. These stories in the Bible are to prove a point and help us better understand what God wants for and from us. Not all of these stories are made to be 100% accurate or true.

on Oct. 15 2014 at 10:33 am
Ashley.Noel SILVER, Lugoff, South Carolina
7 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can't always wait for opportunity to knock; sometimes you have to knock the door off its hinges and pumble opportunity in the streets."
~ Lisa Landry, "Sister, Sister"

To me, at this point in time, making sure everyone has religious beliefs is more important than making everyone the same religion. For many different religions, there is a God-like figure that they believe it. Because of this, I worry about everyone believing in something because the God-like figures are similar in many religions. After everyone believes in something, that would make it easier for them to see, understand, and maybe even become a follower of the religion you think is right because they will already believe in a God or God-like figure.

Reason said...
on Oct. 14 2014 at 12:27 pm
First, let me say God is real. Second if you believe in God then u should believe that his word is true. Third, all of a christian beliefs should be based on the bible.John 3:16 says for God so loved the world that he gave only son for whosoever shall belive in him shall not pearish but have everlasting life. The reason we go to hell is that adam deceived God and ate a apple from the tree therefore we are all born in sin and must be born again to enter into the kingdom of heaven. 

I_love_jesus said...
on Oct. 14 2014 at 9:15 am
In my opinion i am a strong believer of Jesus Christ. Even though i am a follower my brother is athiest but i still support him. I think if you are not a follower of god or a child you should still support,because you never know your love may influence them into believing!!!!

Aubryn said...
on Oct. 8 2014 at 8:06 pm
Aubryn, Osawatomie, Kansas
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls." -Audrey Hepburn

Uhmmm, how can you NOT be a follower of Jesus Christ is my question? Is there not evidence that he exists all around you? Can people be this ignorant?