It's your choice! | Teen Ink

It's your choice!

May 26, 2021
By samarth06 BRONZE, Bangalore, Other
samarth06 BRONZE, Bangalore, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In moments of frustration, I am sure we all have made statements such as: “How irritating he is!”, “Only bad things happen to me!”, “She makes me feel low about myself on purpose.” Ask yourself, that is it somebody who is making you feel unhappy, or is it you, who is getting instigated by somebody’s actions and feeling upset? Is it- “He always angers me” or “I always get angry?”

 

I believe, that getting affected by the actions of people around us, is purely one’s choice. A person might try to demotivate us, hurt us, but then again, it is our choice to get impacted by what people around us utter. We must never let others push our buttons, and control how we are going to act!

 

Most of us propagate the idea that happiness is contingent on one’s fate. Well according to me, happiness is not associated with the circumstances and situations around us, rather being happy is your choice. You can choose to smile through tough situations, or decide that you will be unhappy throughout.

 

There are innumerable examples of people blessed with a plush lifestyle, bestowed with all the luxuries in the world, yet they just can’t get themselves to be cheerful! And if you go out to a village, you will see multiple people, though not having as convenient a life, smiling and jovial! This clearly illustrates that happiness only depends on whether a person chooses to be happy or not!

 

It is known to all of us, that a person is going to be more efficient and productive when they are happy, and if that is in our hands, why ever choose the other option? Why not always keep a smile on our faces no matter how a tough a situation we might have to experience? I am sure that this positive and optimistic approach towards life, will surely help us get through difficulties! 


The current situation has made the atmosphere extremely negative, thus it bids us to make ourselves stronger against whatever adversaries life may pose in front of us, be it difficult people or circumstances, we should be least impacted by these, and never let go of that blissful smile infused with fortitude!

 
“Happiness is a choice, not a result! Nothing will make you happy, unless you choose to be so!”

 
On this note, I urge each one of you to make the right choice!

 


 
 
 
 


The author's comments:

This article aims at spreading sanguinity amidst these tough times!