The Real Problem | Teen Ink

The Real Problem

May 18, 2018
By Anonymous

So you probably know a bit or a lot about cancer.as soon as my grandpa got diagnosed I went and tried to find out as much as I could. And I’m going to tell you more about it and tell you how i think we should make it more curable. So the way I think the we could save millions of lives is to put more towards the research fund. The three ways i will show you is the statistics, research now, and my opinion.


First is statistics it shows in the us 1,685,210 new people will be diagnosed and 595.690 people will die from cancer now you try telling me that's not a problem. The number of people living beyond a cancer diagnosis reached nearly 14.5 million in 2014 and is expected to rise to almost 19 million by 2024. Cancer is one of leading causes of death worldwide. “In 2012, there were 14 million new cases and 8.2 million cancer related deaths worldwide’’said by the National Cancer institute. There are more than 100 types of cancer.


90 million dollars gets used each year for cancer research. NASA spends over 200 times that a year. Why don’t we focus on people having better health and less on somewhere we can’t even live why not save lives. It was discovered in 460 bc that means we have had this problem for more than 2477 years. We have found a cure for yellow fever, the black plague even. Why not fix this one why do we let millions suffer from this epidemic. It’s not just the people that have it suffer is there family friends loved ones why put people through so much pain.
I Know in the medical business they are trying to make money to but they make the choice every day make money or let people die. A way I think we can fix this is to find a cure for all the types of cancer and make more of the main types of cancer. We need to put more work figuring this out because statistics even show it is to big of a problem to let go by.


So the statistics show that this problem is huge, you can also see that the cancer research gets not as much money as other foundations, and my opinion about it. I know this is my opinion but this is what i believe. If we follow these things i think we can make the world a better place and we could save millions then we would be real heroes