Types of Sacrifices and Why They Are Important | Teen Ink

Types of Sacrifices and Why They Are Important

By Kai0219 BRONZE, Orcutt, CA , California
Kai0219 BRONZE, Orcutt, CA , California

1 Corinthians 13:1-7 New International Version (NIV)
13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Do you ever think why do people make sacrifices. Why is it so important or needed to make sacrifices in our lives. I hope with this essay will show you the importance of sacrifice. Why people make sacrifices. And that you will find out the true value of sacrifices.

The kinds of sacrifices people make. People make all kind of sacrifices from clothes to food, But the types of sacrifices that I resonate with are the sacrifice of Life ,or Limb, Time, Comfort, Food, Freedom.  However  people that are in the military make these sacrifices, Regular People give these things up every day.

Why do people make different kinds of sacrifices. I think why people make different types of sacrifices is because it, Is important to them they have something they are willing to give up to help themselves or others. I think one of the ultimate sacrifices can be someones life. If some sacrificed their life to save totally random people or the people they loved, they are doing it to save them because they think they are important. That is why I think people make sacrifices of their life to save loved ones or family or a random stranger , Because they put themselves in the place of the parent or a loved one of that person.    

When is it important to make a sacrifice, I think it is important to make a sacrifice if you are willing to give that up. I think it is important when you have a passion for something so you give up something to pursue that topic. Making sacrifices can come down to what you like most or what is most important and it like a fine line on what separates them.

Although the times that I have made a sacrifice is when I gave up money to help my Mom and Dad. When we were tight on money that month barely scraping by with bills and gas money. I also gave up Drawing completely to catch up on school in Eighth Grade, and Drawing is hard for me to give up. I always had a calm feeling when I drew so giving it up made me a little stressed. I also gave up sacrificed learning guitar for awhile, because my Brother thought I  was copying him so. I sacrificed it so he could focus on music and not worry about me. I think all that taught me was it can be hard to sacrifice things. Although now my Brother helps me on guitar now and I also got through 8th grade because of sacrificing certain things so it all worked out in the end.

It all was to my benefit to the end to make me or the lives of my family better.This is important because sacrificing something can be anything to giving someone food to your life. But what i've learned is that you make sacrifices not always because you have to sometimes you makes sacrifices, because you feel you need to. People make sacrifices for things they care about that is the true value of sacrifice to me.

kymber1267 said...
kymber1267, Mo, Missouri

I don't have one

I think this is a great way to know what people do sacrifice every day.