Bullying | Teen Ink

Bullying

By 50065867 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
50065867 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

Bullying is sometimes a life or death situation for some people.  Research has shown that bullying causes suicidal thoughts and is harmful in many ways.  56% of students are bullied some type of way at school.  There are many types of bullying such as verbal, physical, cyber,and many more.  All bullying is the same and it can affect anyone is any way.  There should be stiffer punishments for bullying because it can lead to emotional problems, physical problems, and life threatening problems

(“Facts on Bullying | Bullying Statistics”; ASPA)

Bullying can make people want to make bad decisions in their life. “Life is a fight, but not everyone is a fighter. Otherwise bullies would be a endangered species” says, “Andrew Vachss.”  They would be a endangered species because if people would have the courage to fight back then bullies would have no one to bully.  Research has shown that bullying has done a lot of damage to a lot of people. Kids who are bullied have low self-esteem.   Sometimes if you bully someone then they feel less of who they are.  Occasionally when you get bullied then you don’t have confidence and you don’t feel like yourself(ASPA 2012.)

Bullying can make people feel a certain way about things that they necessarily wouldn’t feel that way about.  When people get bullied a lot then they look at everyone as bullies.  Sometimes when people get bullied then they feel like that is how they are supposed to be.  No one should feel mistreated and bad about themselves.  Research has shown that kids who are bullied have bad grades and do inferior in school when they usually get good grades and do outstanding in school.  When you bully someone and have no respect for them then that means that you have no respect for yourself(“Bully Facts & Statistics”)

Everyone deserves to be treated equally.  It doesn’t matter what kind of bullying it is, it can still hurt people.  Bullying can lead people  down a dark path that some people don’t come back from.  Anything that harms people or hurts you should never be allowed.  Bullying hurts people in a way that some people don’t understand.  Most of the time people only care if it happens to a family member, like people think that's when it really matters.  It’s not who it happened to it’s the fact that is just happened.  If anyone gets bullied then it should matter, it doesn’t matter who it happens to because it happens to everybody.  Bullying doesn’t just happen in the U.S. it happens all over.  Research has shown that it mostly happens on the playground.  If you’re going to feel sorry for one person that got bullied then feel sorry for other people because those other people get bullied to(“Bully Facts & Statistics”)

There is always another side to things, but they could either be right or wrong.  A person might say, what if the person who is being bullied, bullies them back? I would say the person who is bullying back is doing it for self-defence, bullying intentionally and bullying for self-defence is two different things.  Someone may argue and say, what if both of them are bullying each other on purpose?  I may reply and say then they are both wrong.  Some would say, what if who ever is bullying people feels good  about themselves?  I would say, there are many ways to feel good about yourself and bullying someone isn’t a good way to do that.  There are right things and wrong things to do in life and bullying is definitely a wrong thing.

I recommend that people should find the courage to fight back against bullies, because the less courage you have them more the bullies have the advantage over you.  I predict that in the future the bullying percentage with decrease instead of increase.  I foretell that the less bullies we have the less suicidal deaths we have each year.  To many people are killing themselves all because someone has no respect for people or themselves.  I recommend stiffer and harder punishments for bullying.  I recommend that because when kids get bullied then the bully just gets suspended and comes back to bully, and we need harder punishments so the person who is being bullied will not be scared to come to school.

Works Cited

ASPA. “Facts About Bullying.” (2012): n. pag. Web. 6 Jan. 2016.
“Bully Facts & Statistics.” N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Jan. 2016.
“Facts on Bullying | Bullying Statistics.” N.p., n.d. Web. 6 Jan. 2016.