Role of Newspapers | Teen Ink

Role of Newspapers

By ohana.d PLATINUM, Dubai, Other
ohana.d PLATINUM, Dubai, Other

Life is sarcastically a beautiful journey...

Bs is expected but not accepted....

Newspapers have a vital role in influencing the public. It helps in forming public opinions and raising awareness regarding issues of social and public concern. It is true that technology has evolved over time and demand for newspapers have reduced. Now, it is the generation of social networking sites. But after all, "Old is Gold". One of the main reasons that support the existence of newspapers is that, in spite of other medias, common man believes that the information provided in the newspaper is authentic, reliable, legal and credible. Other medias like TV, online social networking sites, etc can spread rumours. But newspaper give us valid and mostly right, solid information. Moreover, we know about the deterioration of language and culture. Newspapers helps in preserving the integrity of these ethics. The information and opinions of the public that is featured in the newspaper can also act as a learning portal for us. To conclude, newspapers are amongst the greatest "mass media of communication" created by man.