the existence of fast foods | Teen Ink

the existence of fast foods

Do you feel like sometimes fatty food restaurants are giving you more than you really need? What if there weren't any fast food restaurants? I think the United States would be a better place to live in, a healthier place for our people. The U.S. should really start on a healthy diet for the people. I strongly believe that the U.S. should ban the existence of fast food restaurants.

The first reason fast food restaurants should be banned is because many heart attacks due to fast food restaurants. Eating fast food makes you breathe harder and when you struggle to breathe, your heart begins to pump faster, these results in getting a heart attack. Since in the United States people have been eating too much fast food, people in the U.S. are having heart attacks every twenty seconds and every sixty seconds, one of us dies from it. This is why the U.S. is the number one country to have heart attacks.

Fast food is so cheap that when people eat it, they don't realize how much calories they are adding to their diet a day. I know how it is to be lazy, but eating fast food makes it worse. You get very addicted to the food, and when you eat it more, your body doesn't adapt to foods with very big starches. Thousands of people in the U.S. do not realize how much weight they gain by eating fast foods all the time, and when you're gaining weight, you blood pressure climbs up too high, and take a very slow amount of time to come back to its normal pace.

My third reason is that Trans-fats, which are commonly found in fast food, have been shown to have a negative affect on the human body. It is known that the ground beef used in hamburgers has 78.6 percent of microbes, and since the meat is mixed with hundreds of other different animals, food poisoning can occur. Food poisoning is very difficult to treat. Eating fast food supersized can actually make you gain around 2,000 calories a day if you eat too much then you're supposed to and that is more than half of your calories you should eat per day. Ordering fast foods only gives you oils, fats, and sugars that can hurt your body; it doesn't give any proteins, minerals, or vitamins to balance your body.

I strongly think that the U.S. should ban the existence of fast food, and care more about the people that live in the U.S. Remember, fast foods can hurt your body badly, and you can gain weight like crazy. Heart attacks can occur much more often. So, next time when you order fast food, think about what you are eating, if it's bad or good for you.