Walk Against the Conform | Teen Ink

Walk Against the Conform

By LeilaniLives PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana
LeilaniLives PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"They say 'Life's two steps forward and one step back' - But what if I tripped and fell down the whole flight of stairs?"

Explain to me something; when has the conformation of the entire world done better than worse? How was that conformation improving the society as a whole or way of living? Society as a whole never has, nor ever will be conformed. Someone somewhere has always rebelled against what they did not believe just. Countless others did not have the courage, but had the state of mind theorized. When the entire world conforms, so will I. Never will the people of foreign countries restrain from stealing food as their children starve. Never will man watch his brother be killed if he had a gun in hand and could prevent. Never will man allow law to conquer love. Never will law conquer hate. Never will man agree as one. Until that day, I will stand in the back of the crowd, not tall, blending in most days and decisions. But, when something is done to affect my emotion, beliefs, or myself: I will stand tall, walk to the front of the crowd, and paint myself yellow in a sea of black.
I am not society. Even if society could conform, I will be the one person who will encourage the crowd to stand tall with me and stand for what they believe be true. May it be against my wishes, man will never agree, so I will stand sturdy with my beliefs, and take pride in the debates. For man will never achieve greater than what has been if the entire world could conform.

Listen up. I am a straight A English student. Every year, every English course I have taken, I have earned an A. Next year, I will be retaking English 10A, because I will fail my current English course; may I mention, purposely? My English teacher, I am not lying to you, has given me a D- on each and every assignment I turn in. No corrections. No errors. No wrong formats. No vulgar. No slang. Yet, my only four papers for her class have a medium sized D- in red or blue ink each time. Unacceptable, that is what it is. The head of English spoke with her after I wrote him a respectful letter, and yet, he could not help me. Instead of receiving a C- in her class, I have done absolutely no work to reach an F, which I have accomplished. I cannot wait to retake this course with a teacher fit. High schools encourage students to pass their classes, who would want an F on their GPA? I am different, unique, and stand up for what I believe just.

AfroSamuriB said...
Wow, that was a great piece of writing. I really enjoyed it, and it was very inspiring. I also respect you a lot over the back story. Good job. :)