The Water Closet... Or more commenly known as the bathroom. | Teen Ink

The Water Closet... Or more commenly known as the bathroom.

September 8, 2009
By Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado
Darkstar6265 GOLD, Centennial, Colorado
10 articles 0 photos 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everything you have will someday be gone. Even if you don’t miss it now, you probably will later. So take pictures and hide them in your memories so you can recall them later after everything that is becomes everything that was. OR I know you’re hurting, even if it’s just when you’re alone and thoughts seem to rush into your head and you can’t seem to keep them from coming in. But there can be beauty in pain; Even though sometimes it’s hard to see.


So… who knew that bathrooms had so many interesting topics? I mean, really, we spend almost 92 days in a bathroom over the course of our lifetimes. So what do we do in bathrooms? Well, that opinion varies according to the sex. Since, after all, girls spend around a month more in bathrooms than guys do. Which brings up the question to us guys of what are they doing in there, and more importantly, what do they have in there that can keep them entertained for so long? I know that my friends and I have had multiple conversations on what they have in there, like flat screen TV’s, couches, padded toilet seats, soft music playing in the background, and those cool sprayers that wash your butt hole for you. Whereas guys bathrooms have crap on the walls, pee on the seats that are rock hard, with sounds of farts and masculine things in the background, along with tiles falling off the wall, and sinks that don’t work. Yet it’s strange because when you go into a girl’s bathroom, for whatever reason, possibly to get a little glimpse at heaven (not in the dirty way!) it looks better than the men’s still but there are no flat screen TV’s, couches, or music. So we’ve decided that there are buttons that are hidden in the bathrooms that flip a wall to reveal the real girls bathrooms.

But what do guys think when girls end up going to the bathroom for 15 minutes? Especially in pairs. I mean, really, what do they do in there, cheer each other on, help each other out, tell each other how to do go to the bathroom, when to wipe? Make sure that they clean up after themselves, that they wash their hands, and help them put on their makeup and fix their hair? But in the end, to us guys, they look the same as they did before they left. So seriously what goes on in there? That’s a question that we’ll never know. Especially since us guys have a code of ethics when it comes to bathrooms.
Starting off with the first rule… you cannot, at anytime, ever, stand next to another guy when he’s going to the bathroom. So when you enter a bathroom either go to the far left or far right… If those two urinals are taken then you go to the center urinal, on the rare occasion that all three urinals are taken then the bathroom is full, and you hold it until one is finished, which can cause a bit of awkwardness between those who are relieving themselves. So to avoid this atrocity, choose a stall. The second rule is at no time make eye contact, or wander your gaze onto any part of another man. When relieving yourself, keep your eyes on your family jewels or the wall. Which leads to the third rule, get in and get out, do your business quickly, then wash, and leave. Again, making no eye contact and, never ever start a conversation with someone especially if you’ve broken rule number one and you are relieving yourself next to them. The fourth rule, which is most commonly forgotten, is when using stalls, always flush and clean up after yourselves. If you come across a stall that has not been flushed, leave it alone and move on to the next stall; if that one has also not been flushed, check and see if any of the urinals have opened up and if not proceed to the nearest exit. By breaking any of these four rules, you will cause chaos, which would eventually lead to the end of the world.