You say Homosexuals don't deserve rights as Americans? | Teen Ink

You say Homosexuals don't deserve rights as Americans?

By Xannie BRONZE, Saint Albans, West Virginia
Xannie BRONZE, Saint Albans, West Virginia
3 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Do you realize what you're saying when you claim that homosexuals shouldn't have rights?

It's like saying that someone who is from some other religion does not have the right to their religion.

If you have the right to be Christian, and you have the right to be heterosexual, then our friends should have the right to be of whatever religion they want, and should have the right to be homosexual, or bisexual or whatever they want.

Moreover, we are talking about humans here, people! They are not asking that others live like they do, just that you don't call them names, and other cruelties that are just uncalled for!

People try to be nice about asking a simple favor, being treated like a human, and you can't even give them that? Who gives you the right to do that?

No one is perfect. I don't care what your sexual orientation is, what your religion, what your IQ, what your ethnicity, you are flawed. I am flawed. Our friends are flawed. And since we are all flawed, we are all equal. Since we are all equal, you can't decide who should have rights and who shouldn't! Are you really so closed minded, that you can't treat others as you would wish to be treated?

I'm very upset now, because someone I thought was a decent person, has basically said that my friend is not human enough, not American enough to deserve rights! Is that what Christian America is today?
Because if it is, I want nothing to do with it.
I know for a fact, though, that this premature judgment of others is not what constitutes Christianity, it is what constitutes a poor image of reality. People are people. Everyone is different. Humans are humans, no matter who they love.

Before I get flamed about being anti-Christian, let me first say that being against Christianity as a whole is the farthest thing from my mind in anything I write. This particular bit is about an individual, not about the entire group. Most of my writing is that way, speaking of an isolated event, to an individual person, and I try to glean some kind of moral lesson from those instances, then write about my thoughts and show them to others.

Barack Obama said...
' Very heart warming , truly , america's next cover for The New York Times '          - The Office                                

IRBFGW DIAMOND said...
IRBFGW DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Hey, assbutt!" Supernatural, Castiel.

People always think that since i'm for gay rights i'm rebelling against Christianity. Thats totally not true, and i'm tired of people steryotyping that. Timmes are changing people, times are changing. go find me one person has done EVERYTHING the Bible tells them to do. go, find me someone who has done every single thing the Bible asks. You can't, can you? nobodys perfect, so stop trying to make people something there not. look around you, things are changing, people are becoming more equal. We have an African American man as president, same sex marriage is allowed in 3 states in the U.S.A. instead of going against the changes, enjoy them! this is the future. well written article, people need to hear your message.