#MerryChristmas? | Teen Ink

#MerryChristmas?

If you were to pick one thing, at the top of your head, one super important issue in this world, that you would fight to finish, what would it be? For Joshua Feuerstein, the answer is clear: the return of the Starbucks red cup. For those of you who don't know, Feuerstein is an evangelical pastor whose controversial ranting videos on YouTube are so discriminatory and foul they can cause arguments by their titles alone. There was one particular video, however, that ended up turning into a trend for other Feuerstein-like Christian Starbucks-goers who were tremendously upset with what they call Starbucks's "war on Christmas." According to the video rant, there is an obvious reason Starbucks has chosen to sell their drinks in multi-toned red cups instead of holiday-themed ones that say, "Merry Christmas!" (Hint: it's not because people exist in this society who don't celebrate Christmas)... It's, obviously, because they hate Jesus. And, to add to the list of ridiculous complaints and statements, Feuerstein encouraged people not to give their real names when ordering their drinks, but to say their names are "Merry Christmas" instead, to "trick" the cashiers into making the cups say what Feuerstein wants them to say. The controversy has spread through the internet and news, an uproar has begun, and, thanks to Joshua Feuerstein, people can now really fight and stand up for what they believe is right. Isn't it great we live in such a productive world? Happy holidays, everybody.